ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL series and cobranet  (Read 1921 times)

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Yamaha CL series and cobranet
« on: April 29, 2013, 05:32:43 PM »

I am looking to integrate a Yamaha CL desk into an existing cobranet installation. I would think there would be serious clocking issues, but the Yamaha calculator says the MY16-CII is a safe combination. Does the CL surface simply clock it's entire Dante world off of the slot input and life is peachy?
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Yamaha CL series and cobranet
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 06:02:57 PM »

I am looking to integrate a Yamaha CL desk into an existing cobranet installation. I would think there would be serious clocking issues, but the Yamaha calculator says the MY16-CII is a safe combination. Does the CL surface simply clock it's entire Dante world off of the slot input and life is peachy?

Unless you can let the MY card be the master clock for the network, yes, the CL-5 will clock off the Cobranet network, and the Dante network will clock off the CL-5. The MY16-CII has no SRC capability.

Mac

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 04:21:05 AM »

Does the CL surface simply clock it's entire Dante world off of the slot input and life is peachy?

Yes - at least that's how it works when I clock my CL to Rocknet via MY-slots. And it works fine.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Dan Brown

• SR Forums
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 10:02:56 AM »

We helped with a demo where we used 2 rio boxes along with 3 cobranet cards in the desk.  The client had a M7 previously.  Everything worked fine with no issues.
Very easy changeover.

db

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 10:02:56 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.