ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer as EQ?  (Read 8608 times)

Sheldon Harris

Re: Computer as EQ?
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 04:43:59 PM »

the teachers said that "headset mics are too distracting for both performers and the audience"

headsets like the countryman e6,electrovoice RE97Tx, or even the mm audio version can work. as long as the actors know "the blocking" they can be worn without the audience even knowing they are there, and if they notice it would only be for a short period of time.
if used with ear clips and performers that dance or move around a lot, they are the way to go.

"same o same o: its no problem to blow all the funds on lights, or give the LD what he wants, but its like pulling teeth trying to get anything audio related :(

sheldon

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 10:58:42 PM »

I agree with others,  Computer EQ is not what you want, head worn mics are. But to answer your question,  SAC (software audio console) will give you 5 bands of EQ, plus hi and lo cut, plus compressor and gate.  It will run up to 72 channels and has about 5 ms delay with most setups.  Down side,  Even though you only need one or two channels it is the same price.  $500
Good news, you could get hooked, and make it your main mixer.
Not to Code

Mark Walter

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 12:13:31 PM »

I agree with others,  Computer EQ is not what you want, head worn mics are. But to answer your question,  SAC (software audio console) will give you 5 bands of EQ, plus hi and lo cut, plus compressor and gate.  It will run up to 72 channels and has about 5 ms delay with most setups.  Down side,  Even though you only need one or two channels it is the same price.  $500
Good news, you could get hooked, and make it your main mixer.

Agreed with Frank.

Turning on input monitoring on 12 channels on any recording software, especially with plugins engaged, will kill the machine.

Jon Rowed

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 05:28:32 PM »

Well i know it won't solve the whole problem, but i managed to squeeze 25 dollars out of the drama teachers for an equalizer rental. here are my choices:
-2 Yamaha Q1027's
-BSS FCS960
-DBX 2231
-Klark Teknik DN-3600
-Klark Teknik DN370

What do you recomend out of those options, i think the Klark Teknik DN370 would be the best.

Bennett Prescott

• This text is personal!
    • Bennett Prescott Dot Com
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »

If only you could get a few channels of parametric, that would be much more effective than a graphic with its arbitrary filter width and frequency points.
-- Bennett Prescott
Sales & Operations Director
B&C Speakers NA
Cell: +1 (518) 488-7190

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »

Well i know it won't solve the whole problem, but i managed to squeeze 25 dollars out of the drama teachers for an equalizer rental. here are my choices:
-2 Yamaha Q1027's
-BSS FCS960
-DBX 2231
-Klark Teknik DN-3600
-Klark Teknik DN370

What do you recomend out of those options, i think the Klark Teknik DN370 would be the best.

Of those I'd take the BSS, but none of them are the right tool for this job.  A 5, 7 or more band parametric would be more suited for the reasons Bennett mentions.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »

-2 Yamaha Q1027's
-BSS FCS960
-DBX 2231
-Klark Teknik DN-3600
-Klark Teknik DN370

I agree with Bennett and Tim regarding the parametric EQ.  A Klark Teknik DN410 would be a nice one. 
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 10:53:10 PM »

Its for theater (12 wireless lavs, allen&heath gl3300, mackie srm450's)
we're using our cafeteria for a dinner theater type thing and it involves performers walking in front of the speakers. i would use the eq for both making the room sound better and helping ring out feedback. If it works well, i will use it for live sound in the future.

In addition to a some form of EQ tweaking.
If your speakers are zoned or even just a stereo pair as the perfomer / performers move out in front of a speaker try pulling them down in that zone, or if your just left right stereo just pan them away a little from the side there in front of.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 10:53:10 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.