ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP!! Label VCA on VI6  (Read 8766 times)

Thomas Bishop

HELP!! Label VCA on VI6
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:04:29 pm »

Subject says it all. I'm on a show and this is the only thing I haven't been able to figure out. Using console for first time

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
Re: HELP!! Label VCA on VI6
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:59:59 pm »

Subject says it all. I'm on a show and this is the only thing I haven't been able to figure out. Using console for first time
When you hit "setup" to assign your channels to a vca (top of the vca/mute group function switches in the master bay)...there will be a "label" button that appears under one of the encoders on the master screen . Press this and the onscreen keyboard will pop up to let you type in the vca name. This part is the same as naming input channels and output busses.
Hope this helps.

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 11:05:42 pm »

Well, crap. I even looked there. The label screen was covered up by the instructions on how to assign the channels. Pressing the select button made that disappear and show the details for the vca. Thanks John!  Last song. :)

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 09:17:20 am »

Well, crap. I even looked there. The label screen was covered up by the instructions on how to assign the channels. Pressing the select button made that disappear and show the details for the vca. Thanks John!  Last song. :)

So, other than not finding the VCA label button, how was your first show on a Vi6?
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 09:48:32 am »

It really wasn't bad at all. I showed up thinking I would be on the sc48 that I'm more familiar with but within about 10 minutes of poking around the board I was fairly comfortable on it. And I was glad to not be staring at the screen of the sc48. That's really no way to mix a band, with a computer monitor and mouse. I also like that everything needed is just "there" on the Soundcraft. No stupid plugin game, just hit the graphic EQ "button" or quickly pull up the Lexicon effects. I'm sure as I get more familiar I'll enjoy it more, like anything. I've always been a big fan of Soundcraft and the VI6 did not disappoint.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 11:18:26 am »

It really wasn't bad at all. I showed up thinking I would be on the sc48 that I'm more familiar with but within about 10 minutes of poking around the board I was fairly comfortable on it. And I was glad to not be staring at the screen of the sc48. That's really no way to mix a band, with a computer monitor and mouse. I also like that everything needed is just "there" on the Soundcraft. No stupid plugin game, just hit the graphic EQ "button" or quickly pull up the Lexicon effects. I'm sure as I get more familiar I'll enjoy it more, like anything. I've always been a big fan of Soundcraft and the VI6 did not disappoint.

Other than setting up the mixer (plugins, routing, etc) you can mix a show on a VENUE console without the monitor.  Trust me...
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Andrew Moyer

• SR Forums
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 07:05:14 pm »

Other than setting up the mixer (plugins, routing, etc) you can mix a show on a VENUE console without the monitor.  Trust me...
I've been told that before, I always seem to forget and get lost starring at the screen.  I really need to just unplug it and make it go away once I'm all setup.

BUT, I'd rather have a Soundcraft Vi4 (or 6) if I had the choice.
Andrew
Andrew Moyer

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 08:18:02 am »

I've seen guys mix with the mouse and on screen faders. Adjusting sends with the little knob on screen. Never even looking at the stage, just staring at the screen all night

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 08:18:02 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 24 queries.