ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hazer Purchase Suggestion - Urgent!  (Read 11725 times)

Len Zenith Jr

Re: Hazer Purchase Suggestion - Urgent!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 12:01:40 PM »

Have you tried any of the Foggy's haze fluids? http://www.froggysfog.com/c=KKbbdT9YqV3Wk8HVBuoyF1SnH/category/10-fluid.20-haze/

They have different densities of haze and fog.

I have used the froggy's neutronic haze fluid made especially for the radiance and neutron hazers and have found it to be the equivalent to the ultratec's fluid, except $60/gallon cheaper! The radiance and the neutron fluids are mixtures of glycerol and water and that's it, hence why I dilute my fluids with water to lesson the haze effect.
     Their oil based fluids (mineral oil) are definitely not compatible with the radiance or any other heat vaporizer type hazer/foggers. They are designed for oil based crackers (df-50, etc). As far as the other water based fluids they sell, those are water/glycol mixtures designed for traditional fog machines. Although they work similar in principle, I'm not sure that the heat exchanger design or pumping pressure/volume on the radiance is compatible with vaporizing those types of fluids. I suspect it isn't. I wouldn't even think of using them either as they smell and are hydroscopic (they adsorb moisture from the air / eyes / nasal cavities / mouth / throats of vocalists, etc) hence many people complain of being allergic to them. The price of the Radiance is well worth the comfort of getting away from gycol based fluids.

Josh Daws

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 06:39:19 PM »

I have used the froggy's neutronic haze fluid made especially for the radiance and neutron hazers and have found it to be the equivalent to the ultratec's fluid, except $60/gallon cheaper! The radiance and the neutron fluids are mixtures of glycerol and water and that's it, hence why I dilute my fluids with water to lesson the haze effect.
     Their oil based fluids (mineral oil) are definitely not compatible with the radiance or any other heat vaporizer type hazer/foggers. They are designed for oil based crackers (df-50, etc). As far as the other water based fluids they sell, those are water/glycol mixtures designed for traditional fog machines. Although they work similar in principle, I'm not sure that the heat exchanger design or pumping pressure/volume on the radiance is compatible with vaporizing those types of fluids. I suspect it isn't. I wouldn't even think of using them either as they smell and are hydroscopic (they adsorb moisture from the air / eyes / nasal cavities / mouth / throats of vocalists, etc) hence many people complain of being allergic to them. The price of the Radiance is well worth the comfort of getting away from gycol based fluids.

the only thing that i would be worried about is that if there was a problem with say the pump under the warranty period they may turn around and say that since you didn't use their spec fluid (diluted or different brand) that you voided the warranty in doing so. i can check this with ultratec, but it is possible...

Len Zenith Jr

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »

the only thing that i would be worried about is that if there was a problem with say the pump under the warranty period they may turn around and say that since you didn't use their spec fluid (diluted or different brand) that you voided the warranty in doing so. i can check this with ultratec, but it is possible...

You may have a point but ... how good are you with a Phillips screwdriver and putting 2 zip ties together? The inside of the machine is the simplest thing you ever did see and everything but the heat exchanger is readily available locally. As for the pump : http://www.prolightingsupply.com/ramiflpu12.html its $33. These same pumps are used in every commercial coffee machine on the planet (available from your coffee supplier for probably less than $33) and are designed to handle most any type of fluid. Shipping alone for your warranty coverage would be more than that (its a heavy unit). The air pump in my unit is a brand name (label removed) aquarium pump. The silicone tubing is standard 1/4" aquarium tubing. When it comes to the warrantee on the radiance; I'm not worried about it, I own zip-ties and a screwdriver :) .

Josh Daws

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 11:33:50 PM »

You may have a point but ... how good are you with a Phillips screwdriver and putting 2 zip ties together? The inside of the machine is the simplest thing you ever did see and everything but the heat exchanger is readily available locally. As for the pump : http://www.prolightingsupply.com/ramiflpu12.html its $33. These same pumps are used in every commercial coffee machine on the planet (available from your coffee supplier for probably less than $33) and are designed to handle most any type of fluid. Shipping alone for your warranty coverage would be more than that (its a heavy unit). The air pump in my unit is a brand name (label removed) aquarium pump. The silicone tubing is standard 1/4" aquarium tubing. When it comes to the warrantee on the radiance; I'm not worried about it, I own zip-ties and a screwdriver :) .

...sure...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 11:33:50 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.