ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft MSB16 with Yamaha Consoles  (Read 2365 times)

TomBoisseau

Soundcraft MSB16 with Yamaha Consoles
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:06:41 pm »

I was wondering if anyone here has tried using the Soundcraft MSB16 with the Yamaha consoles?  I'm specifically considering using them with an LS9 via the Yamaha MY16-MD64 Madi card.  However it is essencial that I be able to remotely control the head amps from the console.  From what I can tell this would curently be the most cost effective solution.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,
Tom

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Soundcraft MSB16 with Yamaha Consoles
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 09:45:22 pm »

I was wondering if anyone here has tried using the Soundcraft MSB16 with the Yamaha consoles?  I'm specifically considering using them with an LS9 via the Yamaha MY16-MD64 Madi card.  However it is essencial that I be able to remotely control the head amps from the console.  From what I can tell this would curently be the most cost effective solution.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,
Tom

You will not be able to control the head amps from the console. You may be able to control them from a computer at FOH.

Mac

TomBoisseau

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:18:56 am »

You will not be able to control the head amps from the console. You may be able to control them from a computer at FOH.

Mac

Thanks Matt.

Any suggestions for.a 32 channel digital snake for use with the LS9 thats about around the $4000 price mark that also allows me to remotely control the head.amps from the console?

Tom

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 12:01:00 pm »

Thanks Matt.

Any suggestions for.a 32 channel digital snake for use with the LS9 thats about around the $4000 price mark that also allows me to remotely control the head.amps from the console?

Tom

With Yamaha your choices are an EtherSound package, a RIO package (both needing MiniY expansion cards), or a kludge of other manufacturer's stuff that may or may not work the way you want it to.

Or you can buy an X32 with a pair of S16 for just over $4k if you call the dealers for a "best price" quote, not MAPP.  Not that I'm a Behringer pimp (not at all), but right now there is precious little that will satisfy your requirements on the Yamaha side, let alone at the price point you're trying to hit.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

TomBoisseau

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 10:09:54 am »

With Yamaha your choices are an EtherSound package, a RIO package (both needing MiniY expansion  ), or a kludge of other manufacturer's stuff that may or may not work the way you want it to.

Or you can buy an X32 with a pair  just over $4k if you call the dealers for a "best price" quote, not MAPP.  Not that I'm a Behringer pimp (not at all), but right now there is precious little that will satisfy your requirements on the Yamaha side, let alone at the price point you're trying to hit.

Thanks for the reply.

I already own the LS9 and will continue to use it.  It is still better suited for my needs thanjust about any other "newer" digital console.  Additionally, while I have tried the X32 and kind.of like it, I have had some very negative experiances trying to get Behringer equipment repaired.  Ill stick with Yamaha.

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.