ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: behringer x32 cracking and popping with 2x S16 connected?  (Read 230739 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: behringer x32 cracking and popping with 2x S16 connected?
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 04:01:07 PM »

And the big "B" warranty process starts to kick in, and it only took less than a year for the truth to be told.

Make or buy a shielded cable with metal encased RJ-45s at both ends (both ends grounded) and try that before you send the boards back.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Fruits

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 04:45:03 AM »

Am I missing something here, both consoles work fine without the s16's attached, but Behringer wants the consoles back for warranty repairs?
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 07:15:36 AM »

In the past year Behringer was more than happy to send a replacement console overnight, or at least very, very quickly. Now it appears that the service model is back to what it has been for every other product. Send it to us and we'll look at it, fix it, or replace it. NO cross shipping.

Mike has two (2) consoles plus the stage boxes, so now the question is which is causing the problem and the best he can do is send them back. This put's Mike out of work and if I remember correctly the only Behringer repair center handling this product is in Las Vegas. I pointed this out long ago as being an issue to most people, and point to it again.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 09:24:46 AM »

You would think that having someone from Behringer in this thread, they would go out of their way to keep Mike going. He has an above average investment in their gear and they are trying to improve their name in the field. This is not going to go very far to accomplish that.

Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 10:03:09 AM »

Before we throw Behringer service under the bus for not sending him new replacement units, that is not normal practice with value products due to thin profit margins. Even if they set up some expectation by doing so several times very visibly, early on.

Second, a subtle interaction between two units, that otherwise appear to be operating properly may not be a manufacturing issue, but could be a subtle design oversight, or application specific (cables?, power?, whatever?). So maybe new units would do the same, so what is the point of swapping, the OP reports two systems acting the same.

Hopefully they are pedaling as fast as they can back in some lab to recreate the problem. It would be slightly easier to parse out a build problem with the actual smoking gun. If it isn't a build problem it may be difficult to recreate the exact same environment at distance.

We need at adjust our expectations for lower priced products that haven't been in the field very long. The basic product seems to be performing well, but stuff happens. It's been a week lets see what they figure out.

JR

PS: Where the repair centers are doesn't matter if they don't know what to fix. This doesn't sound like a routine repair, to me, while it may be simple once the mechanism is understood, and still "could" be something external or environmental.   
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 10:57:08 AM »

I am sorry to see the position you are in, but I am surprised to see a professional sound company dependent on a new product that is totally untested by real, actual experience, especially a product from Behringer.  Did the Kool Aid get drunk a little too fast?

Michael Kurczeski

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 02:06:49 PM »

I am sorry to see the position you are in, but I am surprised to see a professional sound company dependent on a new product that is totally untested by real, actual experience, especially a product from Behringer.  Did the Kool Aid get drunk a little too fast?

Dependent on the gear i bought to run my business? well, yea...

FWIW i also have 2x SC48 consoles, A Soundcraft Vi6, A couple small Soundcraft compacts and many a small anolog mixers. the Behringers have their place in my inventory...they just need to work. is it wrong to assume the company would have things ironed out before they are released?? either way, they work fine without the S16's connected and thats how i am using them for now.

"Did the Kool Aid get drunk a little too fast?"....this doesnt make any sense but i know what you were going for...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:16:51 PM by Michael Kurczeski »

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »

That's why they call it the "bleeding edge" of technology, while these products are most notable for their price engineering.

Whenever multiple boxes must play nice together the degree of difficulty increases.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 06:48:45 PM »

In the past year Behringer was more than happy to send a replacement console overnight, or at least very, very quickly. Now it appears that the service model is back to what it has been for every other product. Send it to us and we'll look at it, fix it, or replace it. NO cross shipping.

Mike has two (2) consoles plus the stage boxes, so now the question is which is causing the problem and the best he can do is send them back. This put's Mike out of work and if I remember correctly the only Behringer repair center handling this product is in Las Vegas. I pointed this out long ago as being an issue to most people, and point to it again.

The cross ship option was used for people that got consoles that were dead out of the box, or that had failed after a very short time in use.  We don't know for sure how long the OP has had his consoles.  Because you have 2 identical setups that are failing in the exact same way, while possible, it's not likely that both systems failed identically, unless there was an external reason for both to fail.  Eg, a ground loop causing component failure, static discharge causing the failure, etc.

What it may be is that the equipment has a design flaw that will cause this behavior in some cases.  It may be able to be resolved with a firmware update, but it also may require some work at the factory to make better.

Expecting cross shipping on gear that you need is not realistic.  If you do get something cross shipped, it's going to be a refurbished unit that someone else had their grubby's on, and do you really want that?  To expect a brand new unit so you don't have to wait isn't going to happen. Imagine if you had a problem with the trailer lighting connector on your car and you took it to the dealer and told them that you need a brand new car to replace yours, since you need to be able to pull a trailer for work.  Think that would go over well?
Brian Jojade

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 07:53:06 PM »

Before I respond much further I would really like to know what Behringer has done for Michael other than tell him to send the product back. Turn around, cost, try this, etc.. Regardless though, and value entry level gear or not, it is not OK for there to be only one sight where these problems can be looked at by qualified engineers.

The example of pulling a trailer doesn't equate. If I was pulling a trailer with one of my Explorers and it failed under warranty I would go to my nearest ford dealer where it would be brought into the garage and fixed. If the truck couldn't be fixed in a reasonable amount of time then many dealers offer a loaner free of charge or for a reduced price. I may not be happy, but I wouldn't be out of work. Behringer's problem is a lack of service centers manned by qualified personnel capable of performing even basic diagnosis or parts swaps.   
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 07:53:06 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.