ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: behringer x32 cracking and popping with 2x S16 connected?  (Read 231798 times)

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
Re: behringer x32 cracking and popping with 2x S16 connected?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 08:29:19 PM »

T Imagine if you had a problem with the trailer lighting connector on your car and you took it to the dealer and told them that you need a brand new car to replace yours, since you need to be able to pull a trailer for work.  Think that would go over well?

No but I have received loaner vehicles and in some cases my warranty covered a rental. The fact is this is not a $500 dollar investment. Would I have bought Behringer, No.. But do I understand that when spending that kind of money on "professional" equipment he has expectations. ??? Ahh Hell.. It's a Behringer.
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

Brian Wynn

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 11:50:54 PM »

Let it be known hat Chase from Behringer has contacted me directly by phone to see if I have worked out the problem on my end. He also to let me know that they have never seen the issue come up yet nor can they duplicate it in the lab at Behringer. He asked me to run a few test's and make a video of the problem and send it off to his tech team.  I'm working on it from my end.  Should have a example of the problem this week.  I will post the results here to seen if this is the same issue described in the thread.  I'm very confident that my issue is ESD and I hope that is the same problem.  If so the solution should be simple.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 11:55:32 PM »

Before I respond much further I would really like to know what Behringer has done for Michael other than tell him to send the product back. Turn around, cost, try this, etc.. Regardless though, and value entry level gear or not, it is not OK for there to be only one sight where these problems can be looked at by qualified engineers.

The example of pulling a trailer doesn't equate. If I was pulling a trailer with one of my Explorers and it failed under warranty I would go to my nearest ford dealer where it would be brought into the garage and fixed. If the truck couldn't be fixed in a reasonable amount of time then many dealers offer a loaner free of charge or for a reduced price. I may not be happy, but I wouldn't be out of work. Behringer's problem is a lack of service centers manned by qualified personnel capable of performing even basic diagnosis or parts swaps.

That's something that your dealer offers, not the manufacturer.  Yes, most repairs can be in shop, but if it's a more difficult issue, it can take time, or things have to be sent to the factory for repair.  I actually had an ENGINE shipped to a service center because of a warranty issue in a Chevy Blazer.  I was out a vehicle for about 2 weeks, no loaner given.

Now, with electronics, if you bought from a local dealer, you'd hope that the dealer would be able to help out.  Heck, if I was the dealer, I'd let the customer try another piece of gear to help troubleshoot the problem.  But if you ordered online, well, that option may not exist.

On another note, how do other manufacturers deal with warranty issues?  Do any of them offer cross ship on this size item?  I'd be surprised to hear if they do.
Brian Jojade

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 12:21:27 AM »

That's something that your dealer offers, not the manufacturer.  Yes, most repairs can be in shop, but if it's a more difficult issue, it can take time, or things have to be sent to the factory for repair.  I actually had an ENGINE shipped to a service center because of a warranty issue in a Chevy Blazer.  I was out a vehicle for about 2 weeks, no loaner given.

Now, with electronics, if you bought from a local dealer, you'd hope that the dealer would be able to help out.  Heck, if I was the dealer, I'd let the customer try another piece of gear to help troubleshoot the problem.  But if you ordered online, well, that option may not exist.

On another note, how do other manufacturers deal with warranty issues?  Do any of them offer cross ship on this size item?  I'd be surprised to hear if they do.
Hi Brian,

A few years ago, I'd taken shipment of a couple of Lectrosonics antenna splitters. Due to poor planning on my part, the time between receipt of the items and when they had to be in production was too short. When I encountered a problem, my contact at Full Compass worked with the great people at Lectrosonics to drop ship another unit by 10:30AM on the Saturday so that the completely new wireless rig could make the gig - this saved my backside.

Full Compass & Lectrosonics treated me like gold even though I'm a small fish... Maybe I am, but I have a long memory of that excellent customer care, and will never forget it, and I tell people about it when it's appropriate - like now.

I ordered online, but had a relationship with my contact at Full Compass (still do) and formed a few friendships at Lectrosonics too, so sometimes it's more than the product - the relationship is everything.

I had the same experience with Sweetwater with a brand new mixer. Replacement new item sent, CC given to hold it if the other wasn't returned which is standard practice I think... Haven't forgotten that one either. Just my experience...

Best regards,
Bob Charest

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 05:39:35 AM »

..."Did the Kool Aid get drunk a little too fast?"....this doesnt make any sense but i know what you were going for...

"Drinking the Kool Aid" is typically considered synonymous with being 'a true believer'.  It's commonly used in a derogatory fashion, but does't need be.

For the record, it was Flavor Aid, not Kool Aid, but Kool Aid is a better know brand. 

A reference is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown.  In essence, Jim Jones talked people into believing in his word, to the point of ~900 committing mass suicide by drinking poisoned Flavor Aid. 

So 'drinking the Kool Aid' may have a negative effect.

Modern American History.
Mark McFarlane

Dion Connelly

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2013, 05:42:14 AM »

i have 2 complete behringer x32 and s16 setups and both are exhibiting the exact same problem. with 2 s16 boxes connected and with the configuration being correct on both ends(console is master, output 1-8 on box #1, 9-16 on box #2) i get an intermittent pop/crack through the PA. when this happens, the screen and lights at the console go dim, and after the pop, the pa is off for about 1 second and then comes back on. it is totally intermittent and could happen three times in one hour, or once after an 8 hour span. i am certain its the console. and even more certain it has something to do with the 2 stage boxes being setup as that is the only time it has ever happened to me. i have the same issue with 2 completely different consoles and stage boxes. is anyone else having this issue? behringer service was supposed to call me to setup an RA but i never heard back from them.

I have exactly the same set up as you and have had very similar problems this weekend causing me serious problems with the act I am working with. If you have any resolution I would be very interested.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 05:51:07 AM »

... Imagine if you had a problem with the trailer lighting connector on your car and you took it to the dealer and told them that you need a brand new car to replace yours, since you need to be able to pull a trailer for work.  Think that would go over well?

Lexus, yep, free rental car. Toyota, nope.  Same company.

Midas, probably. Behringer, unrealistic expectation IMO.

I was amazed by the early level of service Behringer provided for the x32.  They probably worked out some engineering and manufacturing bugs as quickly as possible, in public. Brilliant business move.

Realistically, they can't possibly maintain that level of support for a $3,000 console.

To someone who posted earlier they expected more for a 'professional level equipment', I think you need to redefine professional.  It may sound great, and it may work great, and it may hold up over time, but no one can't afford to spend a $500 on supporting a $3,000 product.  A $30,000 console, no problem.
Mark McFarlane

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber