ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC HPR153i's Have pole cups. How to use?  (Read 1711 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
QSC HPR153i's Have pole cups. How to use?
« on: April 15, 2013, 11:18:33 pm »

I am stripping down my 153's for a paint job and have discovered that the molded plastic endcaps actually have the pole cups. These must be the same molding that is used on the 152 that was pole mountable. Anyway, these pole cups are covered on the outside with a plug. Has anyone here removed that plug? If so, how? I tried prying on it with a pocket knife and snapped the tip off. Before I go any farther I just want to see if someones done it before me!

BTW, I'm not planning on pole mounting these beasts. But it would be nice to stick a lighting tree in the top (It has the same molding top and bottom) so that I save space. Plus I could use an 8" dowel in the sub and sit the 153 on that to prevent any walking at a show. These cups would be useful if I can uncover them!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: QSC HPR153i's Have pole cups. How to use?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 08:45:12 pm »

I am stripping down my 153's for a paint job and have discovered that the molded plastic endcaps actually have the pole cups. These must be the same molding that is used on the 152 that was pole mountable. Anyway, these pole cups are covered on the outside with a plug. Has anyone here removed that plug? If so, how? I tried prying on it with a pocket knife and snapped the tip off. Before I go any farther I just want to see if someones done it before me!

BTW, I'm not planning on pole mounting these beasts. But it would be nice to stick a lighting tree in the top (It has the same molding top and bottom) so that I save space. Plus I could use an 8" dowel in the sub and sit the 153 on that to prevent any walking at a show. These cups would be useful if I can uncover them!

Answered my own question. The plugs are glued in, but removable. I used 2 screwdrivers and worked my way around.

I now have pole cups top and bottom on my QSC HPR153's!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 09:28:07 am »

Tim, very interesting!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 09:28:07 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.