ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fixture suggestions  (Read 3287 times)

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Fixture suggestions
« on: April 02, 2013, 10:24:46 PM »

I have a church looking for an LED fixture that is simple, but will behave more like a Leko then a par. Meaning they want to mount a couple of fixtures on the back wall (about 50-60' back) and have it be a decent wash, like a couple of Leko spots.
Looking at 2-4 fixtures, $400 or so total.
I know the budget is low, any hope?
Thanks!

Kyle Leonard

• Bozeman, MT
    • Enlightened Events
Re: Fixture suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 10:49:21 AM »

Sorry, LED lekos are still pretty new. The least expensive one I've seen is $900 and it doesn't have any real metrics provided. So who knows what the real output is. You won't be able to find a good wash fixture in that price range unless that is a per fixture price.

Kyle

eric lenasbunt

Fixture suggestions
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 02:05:41 PM »

Doesn't have to be a Leko as much as I need a little more throw than I can get out of my LED pars.

James Feenstra

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:08:08 PM »

Look for something that has a narrow beam angle or zooms

unless your budget is per fixture though you're going to be hard pressed to get much out of them
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Josh Daws

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 07:11:41 PM »

Doesn't have to be a Leko as much as I need a little more throw than I can get out of my LED pars.

good luck! you wont find 2-4 led profile fixtures...too new to find cheap/used. the cheapest new fixture i have seen is around $1500 bucks each, and its a Chauvet Ovation. this is close to the 750w leko. an amazing unit. will throw over 50ft, no probs, and uses the S4 barrels...kinda nice! :)

my suggestion is to look for used S4 Zooms or 19 degree, and when you are ready to properly upgrade to LED go for it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:03:31 PM by Josh Daws »

DanGlass

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 03:19:28 PM »

For that distance the highest output LED leko I have seen is from Prism but that will cost you ALOT more than your $400 budget.  Even if you find a high output LED fixture with a narrow beam you will pay more than your hoping.  One concept that I dont reccomend doing is using your whle budget to nuy 1 or 2 good fixtures than buy more when you have the budget again.  The reason I dont suggest this is because of how fast the LED fixtures are changing, not only in price but also in quality.  You would end up buy a fixture now then next time you want to buy it you will that model is either discontinued or has been changed/upgraded and doesnt exactly match.  Everyone wants LED's these days for any number of reasons but the truth is that in some cases there just isnt a good LED to buy.  In this case it is the 50'-60' throw you are asking for.

eric lenasbunt

Fixture suggestions
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 11:57:46 PM »

Thanks guys. You largely confirmed what I was thinking. I think we are going with two Lekos from the back at 50' or so and then 2 led par cans on the front/sides of the stage.

Again, thanks!

ProSoundWeb Community

Fixture suggestions
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 11:57:46 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 26 queries.