ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did Mr. Danley intend for the Lab12 driver to be mounted in the labhorn with...  (Read 3081 times)

Kashif Hudson

...the additional circular piece that eminence ships out in each lab12 driver box?  I am not talking about the compressible front gasket already attached to the driver rather, it's the hard one held on with the tape. If installed this adds an additional .25" x 2 distance b/t drivers.  Perhaps this hard gasket is purposed for the lab12 if used in a different application? Anyone familiar with the design parameters please feel free to clarify as I do not wish to add an error into the driver spacing.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:07:36 AM by Kashif Hudson »

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico

...the additional circular piece that eminence ships out in each lab12 driver box? 
The detachable hard gasket is not used in the LabHorn.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA

...the additional circular piece that eminence ships out in each lab12 driver box?  I am not talking about the compressible front gasket already attached to the driver rather, it's the hard one held on with the tape. If installed this adds an additional .25" x 2 distance b/t drivers.  Perhaps this hard gasket is purposed for the lab12 if used in a different application? Anyone familiar with the design parameters please feel free to clarify as I do not wish to add an error into the driver spacing.
That "extra gasket" is used purely for shipping to help protect the surround-which sticks out in front of the regular gasket. 

Remove the couple of pieces of tape holding it in place (for shipping) and remove it.  Do whatever you want with it.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Kashif Hudson

To Mr. Welter and Mr. Beaver thank you.  I am aware of both of your credentials and have read many posts authored by you men.  For professionals to take the time out of their day to answer such seemingly inconsequential questions is invaluable and does not go unnoticed.  Long after you men are gone from the world, the diamonds of information you leave behind will live on. 

Tracy Garner

To Mr. Welter and Mr. Beaver thank you.  I am aware of both of your credentials and have read many posts authored by you men.  For professionals to take the time out of their day to answer such seemingly inconsequential questions is invaluable and does not go unnoticed.  Long after you men are gone from the world, the diamonds of information you leave behind will live on.

For sure...

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA

Thanks.

Both Art and myself grew up in an era that getting real useful information is NOWHERE as easy as is today-with lots of misinformation-that still exists today.  A LOT of it was trial and error-with a lot more error than successes.  But you learn from your mistakes-as long as you take the time and try to understand what went wrong-rather than simply place blame.

It it my wish that I can help others learn faster and easier than I did.  Of course we all have lots to learn-and it just seems to get deeper and deeper.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.