ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Better sound  (Read 2576 times)

Othmane Alaoui

• Produkson - Sound & Lights
Better sound
« on: April 18, 2013, 11:44:50 AM »

Hello All,

I made some research in the forum without success. I work in a club (student pub) where acoustic is bad. Let me explain : the club is not very large or deep, can seat 187 people, max 300 with out chairs, tables ...

The problem is that the roof is very high (20 or 25 ft ), half of the club has wall windows. Sound reflexion is important. The pa is basically 2 srx728 and 2 srx 725, a little bit under-powered ( 2 xs1200 bridged,  1 CE4000 (mid) and 1 x xls402 for the highs --- process is DRPA ). The sound is echo, there is huge reflexion every where ... I made some improvements by getting the 725 as high as possible ( 14 feet from ground, ( properly rigged by professional civil eng. )  But its not in off. Now they want to improve what we call ( ambiance sound ) - witch consist of 8 JRX115 deployed every where in the club. Its for day to day music ... I will change these for some EV http://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=127 or similar. They are smaller and acoustically less aggressive 

What is the best way to correct the problem, ? Is there any tools ? people or basic ideas that we can start with. The college is full of electrical, mechanical eng. students. I am an electrical eng. specialized in power quality. Reflexion and wave dispersion is more of mechanics and far from my specific knowledge ...

Thank you
Othmane from montreal CANADA

Paul G. OBrien

Re: Better sound
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 02:04:53 PM »

Sounds like you need room treatment not more noise sources.

Othmane Alaoui

• Produkson - Sound & Lights
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 03:43:05 PM »

Sounds like you need room treatment not more noise sources.
Indeed !
Maybe I was not very clear... I plan to reduce the amount of speakers for ambient sound. The Main PA will remain the same or will change it for something smaller.
I am looking at ways to either calculate or figure where sound is reflected, how to mitigated it, basically find out how many and where to put theses acoustic panels on the ceiling !

Othmane

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 12:46:32 AM »

Indeed !
Maybe I was not very clear... I plan to reduce the amount of speakers for ambient sound. The Main PA will remain the same or will change it for something smaller.
I am looking at ways to either calculate or figure where sound is reflected, how to mitigated it, basically find out how many and where to put theses acoustic panels on the ceiling !

Othmane

Are the speaker horns angled down to the dance floor?   

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 12:46:32 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.