ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me double check my constant voltage system  (Read 8061 times)

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
Re: Help me double check my constant voltage system
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 04:15:10 PM »

... Funnily though, in this scenario the two speaker lines are labelled Left and Right on the wall.
Not funny at all. Obviously it's designed by someone who doesn't understand the concepts. After all, this is the person who said to use a home stereo amp remember?

-Hal

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »

Not funny at all. Obviously it's designed by someone who doesn't understand the concepts. After all, this is the person who said to use a home stereo amp remember?

-Hal
Because any "audio" guy "knows" that stereo is better than mono-right?
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 07:37:18 AM »

Yeah, that is true, and good thinking. Funnily though, in this scenario the two speaker lines are labelled Left and Right on the wall.
Regardless of whether someone thought the resulting system would be 'stereo', is there any chance that could simply be referring to the left and right sides of the room?  You mentioned the speakers wired as two zone, if one zone is the speakers on the left half of the room and the other the speakers on the right half then would the labeling not only be accurate but also possibly useful?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 07:48:04 AM »

Regardless of whether someone thought the resulting system would be 'stereo', is there any chance that could simply be referring to the left and right sides of the room?  You mentioned the speakers wired as two zone, if one zone is the speakers on the left half of the room and the other the speakers on the right half then would the labeling not only be accurate but also possibly useful?
Of course that is a very real (and useful) possibility.  I didn't think of that-I guess because I have simply run into to many cases where people wanted a "stereo" ceiling speaker install. 

Because they thought "stereo" was better.

But then again-it could be wired up so that every other speaker was on the right or left-so it could be "stereo"-but only for the people sitting in just the right spots.

S shame on me for jumping to conclusions-based on limited information.  But then again-without further testing-who knows how it is wired.

Of course it is VERY easy to test-even without a 70V amp.  Just hookup any amp and put some signal into ONE side and see what speakers produce sound.

A quick and easy test will revel quite a bit about the system.

So people can speculate for days-but a 1 minute test can revel the TRUE answer.

As a wise man (Don Davis?) once said.  Even the best analyzer on the market cannot tell what is being said from a waveform.  But a $2 plastic speaker can.  So what is better?  It depends on what you are doing and want to know.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

BenGibbs

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 04:28:37 AM »

This is a real possibility, though I will have to test it out. The problem being, though, that is is a workout room, with no clearly defined direction of orientation, ie. there are mirrors and LCD displays on all walls, so left and right have no reference point.

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 05:37:15 PM »

...this is is a workout room, with no clearly defined direction of orientation, ie. there are mirrors and LCD displays on all walls, so left and right have no reference point.

You know that and we know that but dollars to donuts I'm still betting on that designer splitting it right down the middle for stereo. Is this the one with RCA jacks labeled left and right that you changed to Speakon or are these similar threads confusing me?  ;D

-Hal

BenGibbs

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 08:09:29 PM »

You know that and we know that but dollars to donuts I'm still betting on that designer splitting it right down the middle for stereo. Is this the one with RCA jacks labeled left and right that you changed to Speakon or are these similar threads confusing me?  ;D

-Hal

Hal, you're right, same system

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 08:09:29 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.