ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wi Digital JMWAL35 wireless system  (Read 2262 times)

Mike Lightkep

Wi Digital JMWAL35 wireless system
« on: March 25, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »

Been a while since I've been logged in so I thought I'd throw this item out to see if anyone has used these yet.  Wi Digital has some ultra-portable wireless products on the market that would appear to meet my needs at the moment.  The link is here if you don't know about them: http://www.widigitalsystems.com/JM_AudioLink_info.php
I do a number of corporate/municipal style events where a couple of remote box-on-sticks are usually mandatory.  A rack full of wireless units with the appropriate antennas/patching/extra space can be cumbersome and time consuming but on a small gig such as a dedication ceremony at public park or an a/v presentation in a catering hall or ballroom, these things look ideal.  I don't usually need long range capabilities for those shows and one or two aux/matrix outs with delay is usually more than enough.  Just wondering if anyone has checked these out.  Thanks.

Mark McFarlane

Re: Wi Digital JMWAL35 wireless system
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 01:23:13 PM »

max range 100', depending on "conditions"...

If you gotta run power to the delays I'm not sure there is a lot of value not running signal wire at <100' but I'm sure there are some venues where it would be helpful.  Only having unbalanced 1/8" stereo TRS inputs and outputs screams non-profesional light-duty use to me.  2.4GHz can be fairly congested. Latency isn't in the specs, but probably isn't a big deal for delays unless it is 100ms...
Mark McFarlane

Mike Lightkep

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 05:16:50 PM »

max range 100', depending on "conditions"...

If you gotta run power to the delays I'm not sure there is a lot of value not running signal wire at <100' but I'm sure there are some venues where it would be helpful.  Only having unbalanced 1/8" stereo TRS inputs and outputs screams non-profesional light-duty use to me.  2.4GHz can be fairly congested. Latency isn't in the specs, but probably isn't a big deal for delays unless it is 100ms...

Thanks for the feedback, Mark.  Your observations echo what others had told me today, especially about the 2.4Ghz thing.  Something like that could be a problem in places like hotel ballrooms and conference centers, etc.  Didn't realize the 1/8" input thing until today. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 05:16:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.