ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha P2500S / P5000S Muting Problem  (Read 2693 times)

Matthew Donadio

Yamaha P2500S / P5000S Muting Problem
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:33:01 AM »

Hi all,

We had a problem with out system yesterday during service, and I am trying to narrow down the possibilities of what could have gone wrong.

Basically, a few times during the service the audio went quiet, and then went out completely.  After a few minutes, it would crackle and then come back on.

Our board is mono out into a DriveRack 260, and then into a pair of Yamaha P2500S amps (subs and fills), and a Yahama P5000S (for the mains).  As far as I could tell, signal was getting out of the DR (I saw the activity lights on the outs).  I am not sure if the activity light on the amps were showing any signal, as it was spoken word at the time and I don't know if is normally visible then.

As this happened during Easter service, I was in triage mode and didn't have a chance to thoroughly go through everything.  I think all of the amps were cutting out, but I am not 100% sure.

My main two questions, are:

Is this a symptom of an overtemp condition?  I don't recall seeing the TEMP or PROTECTION lights on, but I am not 100% sure I looked at them to be sure.  After we increased airflow around the amps, the problem stopped, but that could have been coincidence.

Can an AC undervoltage condition or bad power cause this?  The amps are on an older version of the Furman P-1800 PF, and that showed voltage lower than normal (light weren't steady, but probably around 115 VAC).

Thanks for any suggestions.

ProSoundWeb Community

Yamaha P2500S / P5000S Muting Problem
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:33:01 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.