ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Short throw projector input  (Read 9890 times)

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
Re: Short throw projector input
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 02:08:19 PM »

I knew I had seen a 100+" display somewhere. Thanks.

Unfortunately I think the architecture was planned out before technology was thought about. My job is to find out if there is a viable solution to the problem now.

Cluster of TV's isn't going to pass the "Pretty" test of the higher ups. We are looking at getting some 70-80" displays by the sounds of it now, but a projection option is still being discussed.

Ceiling mount screen does not block out any sun. The room is two stories tall. Screen is mounted in the ceiling.
Frankly, short-throw projection is NOT viable in a room like that.  You mention 'space behind the screen'; if you're thinking 'rear projection', that's basically right out.  At least, not during daytime. 

As others have mentioned, a single 100+" monitor, or 2x2 arrayed monitors, are the only real choices.  Of course, using either of these is going to make your 8K projector look terrible in comparison.  Array the 2x2's on a Chief LVM, or similar cart, and you're laughing.  a 2x2 array of 47" monitors would run you ~ $20,000, with the stand.  Any projector/screen combo capable of producing something even close to the brightness/contrast of that will run you more.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Short throw projector input
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 02:08:19 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.