ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Floor Boxes  (Read 5835 times)

Eric Pinkston

Floor Boxes
« on: March 14, 2013, 04:12:14 PM »

There seem to be lots of floor box manufacturers out there.  Any recommendations for suppliers?  Need power, XLRs, Ethercon and VGA connections in various assortments. Going in a wood subfloor.  Thanks!

Eric Pinkston

Floor (Stage Boxes)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 04:13:44 PM »

There seem to be lots of floor box manufacturers out there.  Any recommendations for suppliers?  Need power, XLRs, Ethercon and VGA connections in various assortments. Going in a wood subfloor.  Thanks!

Zachary Zimmerman

• Shenandoah, VA USA
Re: Floor (Stage Boxes)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 10:22:54 PM »

Whirlwind or Rapco

Get a quote from ur local dealer about a custom box. You might be very surprised at how competitively price it would be.

I'm NOT a dealer or rep for either one.
Hey Y'all watch this

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: Floor Boxes
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 07:19:01 AM »

Ace Backstage, FSR, Wiremold and Mystery Electronics are my usual list, lots of others building knock-offs of those or some specialty boxes.

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 09:23:03 AM »

I like Ace BackStage.  Lots of choices, good quality.
Not to Code

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 09:36:49 AM »

I like Ace BackStage.  Lots of choices, good quality.
Ace Backstage, FSR, Wiremold and Mystery Electronics.  Some of the FSR and Wiremold boxes use standard gang plates rather than custom inserts which can be nice if you are integrating power, data or active devices into the floor box since you can often then use standard plates or devices for those.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
Re: Floor Boxes
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 12:39:16 AM »

As others have already said,
-first choice for me is Mystery
-second choice Ace Backstage
no other choices needed :-)
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Eric Pinkston

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 08:16:04 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I've already sent for a quote from Ace and will follow up with the others mentioned.  Anyone ever have issues running power to the same boxes as low voltage?  Obviously code prevails on keeping it safe but what about avoiding interference?

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I've already sent for a quote from Ace and will follow up with the others mentioned.  Anyone ever have issues running power to the same boxes as low voltage?  Obviously code prevails on keeping it safe but what about avoiding interference?
I think all of the manufacturers suggested offer floor boxes that offer isolated compartments or other provisions for power.  However, that will typically be a standard duplex receptacle and thus requires a decent sized floor box, so it may not be possible with some of the smaller floor pockets.  Code will define how you need to address conduit and the termination of conduit and the power at the floor pocket.

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 10:44:52 PM »

Code will define how you need to address conduit and the termination of conduit and the power at the floor pocket.

Any floor box designed for both low voltage and line voltage will have a partition or separate compartments. Separate conduits will be of course required, the line voltage enters the line voltage side and everything else comes into the low voltage side. This complies with the NEC.

-Hal

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 10:44:52 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.