ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Floor Boxes  (Read 5861 times)

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
Re: Floor (Stage Boxes)
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 02:24:54 PM »

Any floor box designed for both low voltage and line voltage will have a partition or separate compartments. Separate conduits will be of course required, the line voltage enters the line voltage side and everything else comes into the low voltage side. This complies with the NEC.

-Hal
Here, we use Rapco Floorboxes for installs.  These do not have built-in seperation of power and LV. If the custom panel has power in it as well, the outlet has its own standard 1-gang backbox that mounts to the panel.  BX is then run into the floorbox, which terminates to the outlet backbox.  Hasn't been an issue in any inspection here (Ontario, Canada).  See attached pic.

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 05:27:09 PM »

... These do not have built-in seperation of power and LV. If the custom panel has power in it as well, the outlet has its own standard 1-gang backbox that mounts to the panel.  BX is then run into the floorbox, which terminates to the outlet backbox.

It's the same thing. The manufacturer has made the provision for the power to be separated from the LV. The only thing that concerns me with that setup is that the receptacle could be installed without the backbox and I wonder how many hacks don't bother to use it.

-Hal

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 01:39:38 PM »

It's the same thing. The manufacturer has made the provision for the power to be separated from the LV. The only thing that concerns me with that setup is that the receptacle could be installed without the backbox and I wonder how many hacks don't bother to use it.

-Hal
Yep; just pointing out that, even if the box itself does not have LV separation, there are ways to get around that, and still meet code.
As for the hacks...we've never sold one of these, and not installed it ourselves, always after the electrician has completed their connections.

Eric Pinkston

Re: Floor Boxes
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 08:01:20 PM »

Just thought I'd update.  Ordered 9 Ace floor boxes.  Should be in next week.  We'll see how it goes.  Thanks for all the thoughts.  I'll post back with any questions once I have them in hand.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Floor Boxes
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 08:01:20 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.