ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: XTA 226 Audio Core Problem  (Read 18033 times)

Earl Driggers

Re: XTA 226 Audio Core Problem
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »

I believe Dom has nailed it. Battery leakage will happen and there is a physical update that prevents future damage. Get in touch with Kevin at Group One. He is THE man when it comes to XTA state side. His Email is [email protected].

Christian Güssmer

• www.guessmer.de
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 05:51:22 PM »

Instead of soldering on a device like an XTA I would do some more checks beforehand.

Get another (or even some other) USB to serial adapter. I've heard many stories about these cheap things that sometimes work and sometimes not. Manufacturers seem to change chips inside so even the same brand might work or not. This is regardless of the adapter is to be seen in device manager...

or

Find a PC with a true serial port, a colleague with a working USB to serial adapter or a serial device server (ethernet to serial adapter). Just to verify if your XTA is really broken.

andy craig

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 06:36:06 AM »

Hello I am trying to connect to an XTA 226 Using Audio Core on a Sony laptop running Windows Xp through a Radio Shack GigaWare USB to Serial Cable. After installing Audio Core and the drivers for the Giga Ware. I have tried repeatedly to get this thing to connect and it will not. When I go to the computer side and look at the ports in device manager it sees the USB to Serial adapter but will not hit the XTA.
1. I have matched the Baud rate and Com port on the Audio Core Screen the XTA and the computer.
2. I have the unit set to master on the XTA.
3. I have the unit ID set to one on the XTA.
4. I have the Midi control set to off on the XTA.
5. I have the PC control on on the XTA.
I have worked on this with countless online searches with the manual up going over it. I cannot get it to work so now I am at my last try to post on here and ask for some help. Any thing will be greatly appreciated. As I dont understand why my laptop sees the Serial cable but not the Unit.

Hi Montez,

One thing which you haven't mentioned.
The unit is correctly set to be the master unit. There is an option for the master unit to expect either RS232 or RS485. It should be set for RS232.

Good luck,
andy.

Jeff D Johnson

• Motion 117 Productions
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 10:57:45 AM »

Hello I am trying to connect to an XTA 226 Using Audio Core on a Sony laptop running Windows Xp through a Radio Shack GigaWare USB to Serial Cable. After installing Audio Core and the drivers for the Giga Ware. I have tried repeatedly to get this thing to connect and it will not. When I go to the computer side and look at the ports in device manager it sees the USB to Serial adapter but will not hit the XTA.
1. I have matched the Baud rate and Com port on the Audio Core Screen the XTA and the computer.
I have worked on this with countless online searches with the manual up going over it. I cannot get it to work so now I am at my last try to post on here and ask for some help. Any thing will be greatly appreciated. As I dont understand why my laptop sees the Serial cable but not the Unit.

We have 3 of these at the church I work at, and though I haven't been in there in a while I do remember them being finicky to get online. That said, make sure you save your current settings to a preset. I foolishly lost hours of work when I didn't save to a preset.

Chris Lave

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 09:22:21 PM »

I had the exact same problem.  I was using Windows 7 with Audiocore for a XTA DP448.  The machine is a ASUS mini laptop.  It appeared to me that the ASUS would create these virtual ports/coms, whereby I had coms in the 20s, though it only has 4 USB ports.  I could never get the tripplite connector to work with any of the assigned coms in Audiocore.  I ended up using the same tripplite connector (USB to RS232) on a standard desktop with Windows 7 as well, no issues.  The desktop did not create virtual coms everytime I would input a device.  Ironically, the ASUS worked with EAW Pilot for a UX3600, go figure.

Montez Carter

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 10:58:15 PM »

Instead of soldering on a device like an XTA I would do some more checks beforehand.

Get another (or even some other) USB to serial adapter. I've heard many stories about these cheap things that sometimes work and sometimes not. Manufacturers seem to change chips inside so even the same brand might work or not. This is regardless of the adapter is to be seen in device manager...

or

Find a PC with a true serial port, a colleague with a working USB to serial adapter or a serial device server (ethernet to serial adapter). Just to verify if your XTA is really broken.

I tried even connecting to it wit an old Dell Desktop with a serial connection directly and it still would not connect my next move is to open this thing up and take a look. The Martins sound absolutely amazing with this processor  ( i initially had another brand of processor) and i would like to keep it as I was actually getting ready to purchase another for my array but all is on hold as computer control will absolutely be a must for me.

Martin Morris

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 03:42:37 AM »

I had the exact same problem.  I was using Windows 7 with Audiocore for a XTA DP448.  The machine is a ASUS mini laptop.  It appeared to me that the ASUS would create these virtual ports/coms, whereby I had coms in the 20s, though it only has 4 USB ports.  I could never get the tripplite connector to work with any of the assigned coms in Audiocore.  I ended up using the same tripplite connector (USB to RS232) on a standard desktop with Windows 7 as well, no issues.  The desktop did not create virtual coms everytime I would input a device.  Ironically, the ASUS worked with EAW Pilot for a UX3600, go figure.

Chris ,

I've never had any issues with the ATEN UC232a - XTA also recommend it - here's a link to some alternative Windows 7 drivers.

http://www.audiocore.co.uk/techblog/?p=471

Cheers
Martin
Dude told me to "go back to where I came from", so I set my tent up on his front lawn ... (unnamed Indian)

Martin Morris

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 03:49:04 AM »

I tried even connecting to it wit an old Dell Desktop with a serial connection directly and it still would not connect my next move is to open this thing up and take a look. The Martins sound absolutely amazing with this processor  ( i initially had another brand of processor) and i would like to keep it as I was actually getting ready to purchase another for my array but all is on hold as computer control will absolutely be a must for me.

Montez,

it's a process of elimination. No RS232 comms - try the RS485 port via an RS232 to RS485 adapter.

I'd be contacting XTA
Ian Davis
Service Department

Contact Ian on
+44(0)1299 879977

or email IanD(at)xta.co.uk

Cheers
Martin
Dude told me to "go back to where I came from", so I set my tent up on his front lawn ... (unnamed Indian)

ignacio sanchez

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 12:59:32 AM »

hi is possible that you send me your ( wiring diagram for the audiocore circuit with the relevant points)because i have the same problem and this diagram could be help me

i appreciated your help

greetings

Hi.

I've had a couple of DP226 stop connecting via audiocore over the years.  In both instances it was damage to tracks caused by leakage from the memory back up battery.

If you pop off the top cover you can check the area around the battery for signs of leakage/corrosion. My first unit was repaired by XTA - with the second one they sent me a wiring diagram for the audiocore circuit with the relevant points to meter for continuity and I repaired it myself.  The repair in both cases just consisted of soldering thin wire between the metering points on any damaged tracks.

I can dig out the diagram along with a photo of the board if that helps.

Or just get in touch with XTA - their service department is fantastic...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 12:59:32 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.