ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: XTA 226 Audio Core Problem  (Read 18045 times)

Montez Carter

XTA 226 Audio Core Problem
« on: March 07, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »

Hello I am trying to connect to an XTA 226 Using Audio Core on a Sony laptop running Windows Xp through a Radio Shack GigaWare USB to Serial Cable. After installing Audio Core and the drivers for the Giga Ware. I have tried repeatedly to get this thing to connect and it will not. When I go to the computer side and look at the ports in device manager it sees the USB to Serial adapter but will not hit the XTA.
1. I have matched the Baud rate and Com port on the Audio Core Screen the XTA and the computer.
2. I have the unit set to master on the XTA.
3. I have the unit ID set to one on the XTA.
4. I have the Midi control set to off on the XTA.
5. I have the PC control on on the XTA.
I have worked on this with countless online searches with the manual up going over it. I cannot get it to work so now I am at my last try to post on here and ask for some help. Any thing will be greatly appreciated. As I dont understand why my laptop sees the Serial cable but not the Unit.

Martin Morris

Re: XTA 226 Audio Core Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 04:57:02 AM »

Hello I am trying to connect to an XTA 226 Using Audio Core on a Sony laptop running Windows Xp through a Radio Shack GigaWare USB to Serial Cable. After installing Audio Core and the drivers for the Giga Ware. I have tried repeatedly to get this thing to connect and it will not. When I go to the computer side and look at the ports in device manager it sees the USB to Serial adapter but will not hit the XTA.
1. I have matched the Baud rate and Com port on the Audio Core Screen the XTA and the computer.
I have worked on this with countless online searches with the manual up going over it. I cannot get it to work so now I am at my last try to post on here and ask for some help. Any thing will be greatly appreciated. As I dont understand why my laptop sees the Serial cable but not the Unit.

Are you connecting to the DP226 via the 9 pin RS232 port ?

Your serial cable from the GigaWare to the DP226 should be a 1-1 connection - ( pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2 etc etc), NOT a null modem cable (which has connections crossed internally)

What baud rate are you using ? Try 9600 baud rate.

Cheers
Martin

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:12:18 AM by Martin Morris »
Dude told me to "go back to where I came from", so I set my tent up on his front lawn ... (unnamed Indian)

Montez Carter

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 06:44:08 AM »

Are you connecting to the DP226 via the 9 pin RS232 port ?

Your serial cable from the GigaWare to the DP226 should be a 1-1 connection - ( pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2 etc etc), NOT a null modem cable (which has connections crossed internally)

What baud rate are you using ? Try 9600 baud rate.

Cheers

Martin

Yes I was connecting to the 9 pin RS232 port and setting the baud rate accordingly. I tried all of the baud rates available and none of them work. I don't know about the cable being a null modem cable it just says USB-A to serial cable model 26-949.

Martin Morris

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 07:48:34 AM »

Yes I was connecting to the 9 pin RS232 port and setting the baud rate accordingly. I tried all of the baud rates available and none of them work. I don't know about the cable being a null modem cable it just says USB-A to serial cable model 26-949.

do your port settings look like this ?
Dude told me to "go back to where I came from", so I set my tent up on his front lawn ... (unnamed Indian)

Montez Carter

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 08:01:26 AM »

do your port settings look like this ?

Yes they look like that
9600 bits per second
8 data bits
Parity none
Stop bits 1
Flow control none

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 08:50:45 AM »

I use the Rat Shack Gigaware on my DP448 all the time, so I know the adapter is compatible. In fact I run it through Parallels on the Mac OS. The only difference, though it shouldn't' matter since your matching baud rates, is that I'm running at 38400.
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Ed Walters

• Holland, MI, USA
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:04:54 AM »

This may be something you've already done, and it's simple, but it isn't specifically mentioned above. Notice the screen shot also identifies that USB adapter as being/creating com port 7 (it says COM 7 in the title bar -- yours may be different) Are you telling the audio core software to use the port number that your USB adapter happens to create?

Ed Walters
The Solution LLC: certified: AMX, Audio Architect, Composer, ControlSpace, CTS, DanteL3/DDM, Tesira, and more.

Dave Alderdice

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »

Are you trying to connect to a pre-existing session for the purpose of uploading to the XTA unit?  If so, perhaps try Get Settings from Connected Units instead.  Regardless of Port number assignments, the Audio Core software should recognize the DP226 and pull data from it.

Montez Carter

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 01:22:53 PM »

This may be something you've already done, and it's simple, but it isn't specifically mentioned above. Notice the screen shot also identifies that USB adapter as being/creating com port 7 (it says COM 7 in the title bar -- yours may be different) Are you telling the audio core software to use the port number that your USB adapter happens to create?

Ed Walters

Yes my ports available are 4,5 and 6 and when I tell it to use those it still does not work. Unit is used  from Spectrum Sound and contained V Dosc settings I manually loaded the basic Martin W8LC settings but was anticipating on using laptop for ease of changing array configurations.

Dom O'Melia

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 04:54:58 PM »

Hi.

I've had a couple of DP226 stop connecting via audiocore over the years.  In both instances it was damage to tracks caused by leakage from the memory back up battery.

If you pop off the top cover you can check the area around the battery for signs of leakage/corrosion. My first unit was repaired by XTA - with the second one they sent me a wiring diagram for the audiocore circuit with the relevant points to meter for continuity and I repaired it myself.  The repair in both cases just consisted of soldering thin wire between the metering points on any damaged tracks.

I can dig out the diagram along with a photo of the board if that helps.

Or just get in touch with XTA - their service department is fantastic...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 04:54:58 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.