ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wireless receiver placement  (Read 1738 times)

Scott Holdredge

wireless receiver placement
« on: March 03, 2013, 02:36:54 PM »

I am taking over sound for the High School Theatre.  I read that receivers gain interference when placed in the back of the house on the table with the mixer/amp and light board.  I did a test and placed it on the stage apron.   I lost the interference and crackling.  I did get feedback within 8 ft of the receiver.  Question:  where do you place your receivers?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: wireless receiver placement
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 02:49:05 PM »

I am taking over sound for the High School Theatre.  I read that receivers gain interference when placed in the back of the house on the table with the mixer/amp and light board.  I did a test and placed it on the stage apron.   I lost the interference and crackling.  I did get feedback within 8 ft of the receiver.  Question:  where do you place your receivers?

1.  Your topic will be locked by the moderators until you re-register with your real, full name as required by the forum rules.

2.  The equipment manual generally gives the information you seek.  Read.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:04:02 PM »

The signal strength will be stronger the closer the transmitter and receiver are together. More expensive units will, in general, transmit farther.  The main disadvantage of placing the receivers on stage is you can't easily adjust them, but once you get them set up that shouldn't be a problem, so if you get a stronger signal putting them backstage go for it.

The feedback is an interaction of the mic element and the speakers, it should be independent of where you place the receivers.
Mark McFarlane

Scott Helmke

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 11:18:06 PM »

If you're using individual receivers with their little whip antennas, you want to keep them close to the stage but not stacked up close together.  Spreading them out at least a few inches apart will help them work better.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 11:18:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.