ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Prediction: how much X-32 will be sold before the end of this year /  (Read 18654 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Prediction: how much X-32 will be sold before the end of this year /
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 10:20:15 PM »

And a sunny day to you also Renard.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 10:33:49 PM »

Hi all,

i live in Curacao, an 125.000 inhabitants island.  At the moment there are more then 15 X-32 on the island, there are more then 10 people waiting for theirs to arrive.  i calle dmy supplier today in florida and he has more the 20 back ordered (he got ashipment two weeks ago). i need to mention that along with the X-32, the gator cases for the X-3a2 is also a hotseller.

I wander how much will be sold in the world by December 2013  50.000 200.000 ? 

You guys have any idea ?

Renard from Curacao

What do I win?

They already claim >20k a while back.

I am surprised by that, so I'll say closer to 50k than 200k

This reminds me of the Mackie 1604 when people were buying it without knowing what it does. There are only so many of them.. but now they can afford a more expensive SKU.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 11:11:36 PM »

A. Spelling matters.

B. Who cares.

If you don't care, then spelling shouldn't matter.

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word." - Copy to Clipboard
-- Andrew Jackson
Not to Code

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 11:20:39 PM »

Spelling does matter Frank. I wonder how many direct boxes people would buy if someone selling them couldn't spell, but claimed to have enough knowledge to be able to make the DI??

Food for thought, and nice box Frank.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

John Sabine

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 11:37:09 PM »

I agree about the box.. Nice box :)

Spelling does matter Frank. I wonder how many direct boxes people would buy if someone selling them couldn't spell, but claimed to have enough knowledge to be able to make the DI??

Food for thought, and nice box Frank.
"I think it needs more barn"

Randall Hyde

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 11:45:12 PM »

Hi all,

i live in Curacao, an 125.000 inhabitants island.  At the moment there are more then 15 X-32 on the island, there are more then 10 people waiting for theirs to arrive.  i calle dmy supplier today in florida and he has more the 20 back ordered (he got ashipment two weeks ago). i need to mention that along with the X-32, the gator cases for the X-3a2 is also a hotseller.

I wander how much will be sold in the world by December 2013  50.000 200.000 ? 

You guys have any idea ?

Renard from Curacao

I think the better question to ask is how many of them will they sell in 2014, once the current crop of purchases have been in people's hands for more than one year.

Behringer has a pretty bad name (well deserved, in my own personal experience) with respect to quality. On paper, and at a show like NAMM, the X32 looks absolutely great to me (except for the lack of digital scribble strips on each fader). For the market it's aiming at (32 channels or less) it's got killer specs. But the bottom line is "will it last?"

I won't touch one until they've been out for a couple of years and they're still getting thumbs up from everyone; well, that plus having the X32 winding up on riders without the usual "NO" in front of it (as is the case for most Behringer gear).
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD

Hi dear friends, sorry for my spelling mistakes. English is not my first language. Although ivan make myself understood one way or the other. Our island language is Papiamento, which is a mixture of African dialects,Portuguese and Spanish. I also speak Dutch fluently,of course Spanish,some French ans my style of English. Can you guys write and communicate using the queens English ? Or you dare trying one of the above mentioned languages ? Fresppect other people's believes,culture and language. Can you communicate in any other language ? Why not ?    The more you know, the easier it is to understand others.                           Renard from curaco

Honestly Renard, I wasn't even thinking about mistakes in your post or any other post you have made. I can understand you fine and your use of English is to be applauded.

When I replied I was thinking of the post after yours that was so bad as to be almost incoherent. A mistake here and there is not a problem but when it is every other word communication suffers badly.
Jay Barracato

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 08:09:09 AM »

On paper, and at a show like NAMM, the X32 looks absolutely great to me (except for the lack of digital scribble strips on each fader).
Interesting.  My x32 has scribble stips on each fader.  As for longevity, only time will tell.  So far, so good.  The weak link seems to be the drive belts for the motorized faders becoming disengaged when impeded.  That should be a trivial repair - assuming you follow proper grounding procedures.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 08:39:42 AM »

units sold or units shiped?

posible reson for  backorders  is all the warranty swaping going on
lot of people  had to swap there x32 out at least ounce
man there must be a hell of a pile of b stock/ refurbs some where

Actually, my remark was more towards the post above. I can understand Renard just fine.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 09:05:01 AM »

I think the better question to ask is how many of them will they sell in 2014, once the current crop of purchases have been in people's hands for more than one year.

Behringer has a pretty bad name (well deserved, in my own personal experience) with respect to quality. On paper, and at a show like NAMM, the X32 looks absolutely great to me (except for the lack of digital scribble strips on each fader). For the market it's aiming at (32 channels or less) it's got killer specs. But the bottom line is "will it last?"

I won't touch one until they've been out for a couple of years and they're still getting thumbs up from everyone; well, that plus having the X32 winding up on riders without the usual "NO" in front of it (as is the case for most Behringer gear).
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
We often confuse quality, with features. Reliability and robustness are premium features expected and paid up for in professional products.

I am inclined to agree that the next test for this product will be how well they handle exposure to end users in the real world, over time. The fader, always a point of use/abuse in mixers, being motorized makes it even more high profile. The fader has a shorter warranty than the rest of the mixer, so even they are a little apprehensive.   

I can't predict the future, but it looks like the fader is the thing to watch. Do they fail disproportionately, and if/when they do, how expensive are they to repair?

So far they have made it out of the gate and hit the ground running, well on their way to a solid win, but there still are a few more boxes to check off.   

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 09:05:01 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.