ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Prediction: how much X-32 will be sold before the end of this year /  (Read 13698 times)

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
Re: Prediction: how much X-32 will be sold before the end of this year /
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 11:24:48 am »

I think we all know that Berhinger sells a bazillion of everything they make!  It's interesting to me that for a live sound forum, how so many here seem to be so interested in marketing!

P.S.  I will never buy ANY Berhinger product, so you can take my comments with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:48:50 am by Chuck Simon »

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 04:57:23 pm »

We often confuse quality, with features. Reliability and robustness are premium features expected and paid up for in professional products.

I am inclined to agree that the next test for this product will be how well they handle exposure to end users in the real world, over time. The fader, always a point of use/abuse in mixers, being motorized makes it even more high profile. The fader has a shorter warranty than the rest of the mixer, so even they are a little apprehensive.   

I can't predict the future, but it looks like the fader is the thing to watch. Do they fail disproportionately, and if/when they do, how expensive are they to repair?

So far they have made it out of the gate and hit the ground running, well on their way to a solid win, but there still are a few more boxes to check off.   

JR

What an interesting point made John. I didn't know that the faders didn't carry the same length warranty as the rest of the board. Not a really great selling point, especially in light of the marketing effort made by the "B" gang over the past few months. Not once did I hear anything about the faders.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 05:24:22 pm »

What an interesting point made John. I didn't know that the faders didn't carry the same length warranty as the rest of the board. Not a really great selling point, especially in light of the marketing effort made by the "B" gang over the past few months. Not once did I hear anything about the faders.

The discussion came up on another forum and the mixer gets a 3 year "extended" warranty if you jump through the appropriate registration hoops, the motorized-fader warranty is limited to 1 year.

I was repeating what I read on another forum, but I didn't see it corrected.

Quote from: from their website
\4.3 Where applicable, MUSIC Group warrants the following items contained in or with the product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from date of purchase:

Digital Displays / LCDs
Meters
Switches / Sensors
VRS / Potentiometers
Loudspeaker drivers or diaphragm assemblies
All faders including cross-faders and motorized faders
Any mechanical component that may be affected by externally applied force

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Support/Limited-Warranty.aspx
I am not a lawyer, so read the full contract yourself and see what you think it says.

If they are cheap to replace, and don't crap out in large numbers it may not be an issue. Since they are making the motor-faders themselves they shouldn't cost that much.

JR

PS Could be worse, tubes only get 90 days.  8)
Don't tune your drums half-ass. Listen to what a properly "cleared" drum sounds like.   http://circularscience.com/

Bob L. Wilson

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 05:49:24 pm »

The discussion came up on another forum and the mixer gets a 3 year "extended" warranty if you jump through the appropriate registration hoops, the motorized-fader warranty is limited to 1 year.

I am not a lawyer, so read the full contract yourself and see what you think it says.

If they are cheap to replace, and don't crap out in large numbers it may not be an issue. Since they are making the motor-faders themselves they shouldn't cost that much.

JR

We bought one for a youth ministry to use last year for off campus events and it is still alive and kickin. I have talked to the kids but they still snap faders down to zero so hard they make an air hockey puck sound and they tap tempo for the delay like they were chipping ice. Similar use has never been able to kill anything on the 20 year old EV Entertainer we have in the youth rehearsal space, I doubt the X32 will have anywhere near that kind of longevity but only time will tell.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 01:54:55 am »

JR

To me it looks like anything touched by a human hand is covered for one (1) year or less. Tubes I understand. The last point is the catch all, so in reading I have to feel the warranty is one (1) year for the most part. The worst point to me is the 90 coverage for power supplies. WTF Batman!

4.2 Where applicable, MUSIC Group warrants the following items contained in or with the product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days from date of purchase.   
  • Accessories
  • Power Adaptors/PSUs
  • Valves
  • Cables
  • Foot Switches
  • Vacuum Tubes
    4.3 Where applicable, MUSIC Group warrants the following items contained in or with the product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from date of purchase:
  • Digital Displays / LCDs
  • Meters
  • Switches / Sensors
  • VRS / Potentiometers
  • Loudspeaker drivers or diaphragm assemblies
  • All faders including cross-faders and motorized faders
  • Any mechanical component that may be affected by externally applied force
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:57:12 am by Bob Leonard »
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

paul bell

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 08:32:14 am »

Here's a question that's related to this thread:

The X32 has been out for a while now. Has anybody had any problems with it? Freezing, pass digital noise, not pass audio, etc. Has anybody here (I know there's a handful here that own it) needed to get it serviced? If yes, how was the experience?

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 09:14:46 am »

There's been a number of reported failures or problems. However, and to Behringers credit, the problems have been resolved quickly.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:18:13 am by Bob Leonard »
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Randall Hyde

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 12:08:20 pm »

Interesting.  My x32 has scribble stips on each fader.
But not digital scribble strips. Big difference when you're loading in mix files; you really want an LCD (or other electronic) display above (or below) each fader. That was not the case on the X32 units I've played with. Yes, you can see the channel assignments on the LCD, but having them attached, physically, to each fader is important.

Granted, this might not be important for a single act that always has the same input list; but for a soundco that rarely does the same act twice, having digital scribble strips is important.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

James A. Griffin

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 12:08:45 pm »

units sold or units shiped?

posible reson for  backorders  is all the warranty swaping going on
lot of people  had to swap there x32 out at least ounce
man there must be a hell of a pile of b stock/ refurbs some where

What are the 'warranty swapping' numbers you've heard and what is your source?  I've not heard anything out of the ordinary about this..
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Prediction: how much X-32 will be sold before the end of this year /
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 12:13:30 pm »

I don't know, it looks like it has them in all the videos.

ProSoundWeb Community

Prediction: how much X-32 will be sold before the end of this year /
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 12:13:30 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 24 queries.