ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I WAS ahead of the curve  (Read 9094 times)

John Chiara

Re: I WAS ahead of the curve
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 02:39:39 PM »

quite often it isn't feasible to put the mixer in a good position for mixing, and even if it is, it's not a good idea to mix based on one place in the room, since it never sounds the same all over the room. Certainly I'd love to have my mixer in the perfect place every time, but that is a rarity. The Studio Manager ipad app is extremely functional, and in some ways better than mixing on the LS9.

I agree that ability to check different listening areas is good, but many times you have to pick a middle ground and go with it. I find that when actually mixing(verb) I need to do more than one thing at a time which is hard on a pad. Did use the iPad for labeling the X 32 and it rocks.

Dave Bigelow

• Louisville, KY when I am actually home...
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »

I agree that ability to check different listening areas is good, but many times you have to pick a middle ground and go with it. I find that when actually mixing(verb) I need to do more than one thing at a time which is hard on a pad. Did use the iPad for labeling the X 32 and it rocks.

I agree, I want the ability to do two things at once, like turn up or down an aux while also changing the level of a different channel.

Steve Garris

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 03:16:38 PM »

I did FOH for a heavy metal band a few nights ago and they brought their own IEM rig - a Mackie 1608 and a couple of ART 8-channel passive splitters.  Each band member had their own IEM TX/RX and an iPhone clamped to their mic stand to control their mix. Worked brilliantly and I got a clean signal to my snake.  I just handed them a diagram saying "what I wanted where" in my FOH snake.

I'm selling my 1 year old Mixwiz and replacing it with the 1608. I borrowed one to do a recent gig, and there's nothing it can't do over the Mixwiz and my processing rack. I won't miss dragging that stuff around and running a snake. I'm pretty sold on the Mackie but waiting to see the Behringer version before I take the plunge.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 03:16:38 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.