ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DMX Control of Phuzion High bays  (Read 3392 times)

Michael Lage

DMX Control of Phuzion High bays
« on: December 07, 2014, 05:30:12 PM »

One of the churches that I work with recently installed Phuzion High Bay LED fixtures in their big meeting space.

http://holophane.com/products/Family.asp?Brand=HLP&Family=Phuzion&ProductType=Indoor&Category=Performance%20HID&SubCategory=High%20Bays

Sorry for the long link.
We want to have dimming control of these fixtures with the DMX Show control software that they are using.
The lights have 12Vdc across the control lines with nothing connected at the control end, so they are evidently looking for a variable resistance across those two lines to regulate the voltage and control the dimming value in that way.  I thought about a 0-10Vdc controller, but that seems backwards, because the controller and the fixture are both supplying DC unless I am missing something.

Any Ideas?

Stephen Swaffer

Re: DMX Control of Phuzion High bays
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 02:26:11 PM »

A guess on my end-but the spec sheets only call out industry standard 0-10 VDC control so you should be able to use any controller.  For the lights to be at 100% there would have to be 10 VDC on the control input, so with dimming "optional"  perhaps the control terminal is internally biased through a high value resistor to allow operation without a controller?
Steve Swaffer

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 08:51:32 PM »

And more to the point there are number of 0-10v dmx options on the market.  I have a strong preference for the pathway connectivity models, fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Lage

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 09:48:36 PM »

And more to the point there are number of 0-10v dmx options on the market.  I have a strong preference for the pathway connectivity models, fwiw.

I did get in contact with the manufacturer of the DMX interface today and we can connect these two systems just fine.  I will get back to the installation next week and finish it up. 

Thanks for your ideas.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 09:48:36 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.