ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vocal problem  (Read 6333 times)

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: Vocal problem
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 04:34:51 PM »

I'm going to jump in here and (in agreement with Toms suggestion) recommend that any funds spent would likely be best invested in a graphic EQ for your system.  You don't need to buy a program or a special mic to optimize your system/room interaction.  All you need to do is know how to "ring out" the system in the room.  Your ears (any ears at all) will suffice for this, given the proper, simple technique of "boost to identify, cut to balance".

Sounds like a great plan; I guess I neglected to think that the problem may be room related and jumped to a mic related issue. I've been on the lookout for a good equalizer on CL for a while now and haven't been able to find one so far, but I'll keep looking. I do have access to the 9-band eq on the Mackie mixer amp that we use as a power amp (http://www.mackie.com/products/808s/index.html) but I haven't tried to use it after reading on here how useless they are. I usually plug into the direct power amp inputs which bypasses all of the controls on the unit. If you think it might help I can try to use that.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 04:47:25 PM »

Sounds like a great plan; I guess I neglected to think that the problem may be room related and jumped to a mic related issue. I've been on the lookout for a good equalizer on CL for a while now and haven't been able to find one so far, but I'll keep looking. I do have access to the 9-band eq on the Mackie mixer amp that we use as a power amp (http://www.mackie.com/products/808s/index.html) but I haven't tried to use it after reading on here how useless they are. I usually plug into the direct power amp inputs which bypasses all of the controls on the unit. If you think it might help I can try to use that.

Probably not worth messing with a 9-band EQ. 

When you have a system of chained components interacting together in a particular environment, it's hardly ever just one thing.  Everything should be balanced or find equilibrium.

If you want a GEQ which will interface well with your Mackie powered unit I have a Rane GE27 which will fill the bill nicely.  I've been looking for a new home for little GErry for a while.  Sounds like you could provide that.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 04:47:25 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.