ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: Measurement Microphones  (Read 103883 times)

Sean Barry

Re: Measurement Microphones
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2013, 09:18:11 PM »

Just to be clear, I recently purchased a DBX Drive Rack 260. Will a Behringer ECM8000 be good enough to do basic RTAing in small bar gigs? As it costs half as much as the DBX mic? Thanks.

Actually, the Line6 V70 system is perfect for test & measurement. It operates in 2.4Ghz, so best use 5ghz for your wireless control applications. But its virtually as flat as a piece of wire (verified on the workbench) and has negligible latency (again, easily measured and compensated for).

The downside is that its designed for lav mics so you need to use a mic that is internally powered (A-la NTI MiniSPL mic) or a little inline PSU, but its a steal for £350!

We cant buy the Lectro stuff in the UK, so its pretty much the only option for us.

Chris

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2013, 10:23:11 PM »

Just to be clear, I recently purchased a DBX Drive Rack 260. Will a Behringer ECM8000 be good enough to do basic RTAing in small bar gigs? As it costs half as much as the DBX mic? Thanks.

Sean.
I would start a new thread to ask your question as it has very little to do with the topic of this discussion.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2013, 10:23:11 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.