ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless mic capsule  (Read 1547 times)

Matt Wincel

Wireless mic capsule
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:21:36 am »

I have been recently looking into getting different capsules for our wireless mics. We have sennhiser e835 capsules. I am not to fond of the way they sound. What would be a better option and what is compatible with the g3 series? I have been thinking either Heil RC35 and I know that are worship leader likes the Shure beta 87.

Bob L. Wilson

Re: Wireless mic capsule
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:17:07 am »

I have been recently looking into getting different capsules for our wireless mics. We have sennhiser e835 capsules. I am not to fond of the way they sound. What would be a better option and what is compatible with the g3 series? I have been thinking either Heil RC35 and I know that are worship leader likes the Shure beta 87.

Lots of mics sound substantially worse than the E835. In my experience only a very small number of HOW systems perform well enough for a Sennheiser E835 to be the weak link.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:30:49 am »

Bob is substantially correct in that there are often other bigger issues than the mics.  That being said, if you are at the level where the rest of your system is good, there are improvements to be had with nicer mics.  These are somewhat dependent on the nature of the voice in question.  I have a couple Heil PR35s and for my voice which is a little thin, they are great.  Shure KSM9 seems to work over a slightly larger range of voices, and the SM86 is highly regarded.  I'm not sure if you can get Shure capsules for Sennheiser mics.  In the Sennheiser family, the 865, 945, and 965 are highly regarded.

A friend really likes the Neumann KMS105s, but they're very costly.

You may want to try a wired version of whatever you're interested in, since that would likely be a lot easier to find for a demo.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:30:49 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.