ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: O2R and using the card slots?  (Read 11862 times)

Curt Sorensen

Re: O2R and using the card slots?
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 11:34:16 am »

Sam,
You only have eight mic preamps internally, Channels 9-16 are analog ins but do not have enough gain for most mics on anything other than loud sources. Channels 17-24 are stereo ins with the same issue. The YGDAI slots are entry points for digital audio. The cards that can provide digital audio in that format that I'm aware of never offered mic preamps. It's far more than a cable issue.
Curt Sorensen
Madison, Wisconsin

Doug.Jane

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 02:27:29 pm »

Sam,
You only have eight mic preamps internally, Channels 9-16 are analog ins but do not have enough gain for most mics on anything other than loud sources. Channels 17-24 are stereo ins with the same issue. The YGDAI slots are entry points for digital audio. The cards that can provide digital audio in that format that I'm aware of never offered mic preamps. It's far more than a cable issue.
Channels 9-16 have full gain preamps but don't have phantom, and are on TRS jacks. I built a box to fit the back of my mixer with XLR's and phantom derived from the internal phantom supply. Works a treat.

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 10:38:14 pm »

Channels 9-16 have full gain preamps but don't have phantom, and are on TRS jacks. I built a box to fit the back of my mixer with XLR's and phantom derived from the internal phantom supply. Works a treat.

Doug,

That sounds like something I would like to see or even purchase!
As mentioned, I would love to use my 24x8 snake and that sounds like the ideal setup for me.

Would you consider making one of these setups for me?

Thanks again for your responses.
-Sam
Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

Doug.Jane

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 02:53:06 pm »

Doug,

That sounds like something I would like to see or even purchase!
As mentioned, I would love to use my 24x8 snake and that sounds like the ideal setup for me.

Would you consider making one of these setups for me?

Thanks again for your responses.
-Sam
Sorry I'm in New Zealand so it would be a bit difficult unless you are in NZ too.
I did do Autocad drawings of the box, I can dig them out if you are interested. You need to mod the mixer too, to get the 48 volts out.

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 10:07:18 pm »

Sorry I'm in New Zealand so it would be a bit difficult unless you are in NZ too.
I did do Autocad drawings of the box, I can dig them out if you are interested. You need to mod the mixer too, to get the 48 volts out.

Doug,
That would be great if you could send me the drawings.
My email is fullforcesound@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 01:17:12 am »

Doug,
That would be great if you could send me the drawings.
My email is fullforcesound@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Another possibility is using another O2R and linking them to get 32 channels. What type of "card" would I use for this type of setup to link both consoles together (which also would expand my AUX sends) ?

Doug.Jane

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 03:00:46 pm »

Another possibility is using another O2R and linking them to get 32 channels. What type of "card" would I use for this type of setup to link both consoles together (which also would expand my AUX sends) ?
Yamaha made cards to link two 02R's together, they come up on Ebay. You need a card for each desk.
I've emailed you the drawing.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 04:48:23 pm »

Yamaha made cards to link two 02R's together, they come up on Ebay. You need a card for each desk.
I've emailed you the drawing.

they are called 'cascade' cards.  i've got a spare one if you end up needing one.  just let me know.

the tricky thing to find is the cable that links the cards.  the connector is a bit odd and the cable might well be proprietary.  i'm not sure.  i use 2 02rs linked in this way and i had a heck of a time finding someone selling the cards AND the cable....

FWIW, i also have an assortment of I/O cards for these desks, including ADAT cards as well as various iterations of the AES cards.  not trolling for sales, but if you want any of the stuff just PM me and we can probably work something out....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
bdmaudio@gmail.com

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Jake Brooks

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 08:10:05 am »

I have used the 02R with 4 ADAT cards in the slots for some time, very reliable.

I have 4 adat cards installed, but cannot figure out how to convert the mic/line inputs to tape returns in order to mix down 32 channels. I have two MOTU 828's between the O2R and Mac.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2020, 11:31:18 am »

I have 4 adat cards installed, but cannot figure out how to convert the mic/line inputs to tape returns in order to mix down 32 channels. I have two MOTU 828's between the O2R and Mac.
You'll be wanting to change your username to your real name as per the rules of this forum.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2020, 11:31:18 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 24 queries.