ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: rack mount mixer with fader bank?  (Read 4796 times)

Casey McDonald

Re: rack mount mixer with fader bank?
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2020, 09:44:07 AM »

Is it possible to have a rack mount mixer, like an X32, with an external fader bank for just controlling channel levels? 8-12 channels would suffice.
I'm looking for a solution for a small FOH location and a "keep it simple" operation and the client doesn't want to use a tablet for control.
I have seen such devices for video control and am curious if available for audio.
From my understanding, it might take a computer connected to the mixer then a USB control driving the computer.
Thoughts?

I'm late to this and looks like all the normal solutions are covered.  But I'll add something.  I was looking for a similar setup to the one you describe to keep things simple.  I stumbled upon Speck Electronics and the fader banks they offer.

http://www.speck.com/viafader/viafader.html

I do not own any of these nor an X32(any flavour).  But I can't see why this and an X32 rack couldn't also do what you need.  When someone with more experience comes along and wants to mix from a tablet they still could straight off the X32 rack.  Incorporating the fader bank would eat up a lot of physical I/O and you might need another stage box to get what you need depending how you'd want to integrate it.  It is not a cheap way (also needs DB25 breakout cables) but it is exactly simple and from what I read Speck is quality.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2020, 02:46:03 PM »

I'm late to this and looks like all the normal solutions are covered.  But I'll add something.  I was looking for a similar setup to the one you describe to keep things simple.  I stumbled upon Speck Electronics and the fader banks they offer.

http://www.speck.com/viafader/viafader.html

I do not own any of these nor an X32(any flavour).  But I can't see why this and an X32 rack couldn't also do what you need.  When someone with more experience comes along and wants to mix from a tablet they still could straight off the X32 rack.  Incorporating the fader bank would eat up a lot of physical I/O and you might need another stage box to get what you need depending how you'd want to integrate it.  It is not a cheap way (also needs DB25 breakout cables) but it is exactly simple and from what I read Speck is quality.
Interesting product and I will look into it for the future. For this application, way out of the budget range.
Thanks for the link  :)
I don't care enough to be apathetic

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2020, 02:46:03 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.