ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens what a pl6.0 pfc blows NEED parts  (Read 6423 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
What happens what a pl6.0 pfc blows NEED parts
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 04:07:52 PM »

Did you have to pay ur authorized guy and qsc
I paid the service guy here. He showed me what part was his charge and what was QSC. The total was around $600. Not bad since I bought it knowing the problem so paid accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jon Ross

• Virginia
    • RoTech Sound
Re: What happens what a pl6.0 pfc blows NEED parts
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »

Zachary,
Did you try here?
http://yhst-93643794936312.stores.yahoo.net/semiconductors.html

Also Bob Lee and Thanh Nguyen are great resources for QSC products. On the QSC forum they go above and beyond as far as technical consultation. Thanh had me checking voltages inside my amp helping to find a problem with an RMX amp losing audio. It was a while ago and with his help the amp has been in use since.

IIRC I ordered over the phone when bought pots for my RMX amps and ribbon cables and chassis parts for my PLX amps. They sell replacement pcb "channels" for their amps as well as rebuild kits to bring your amps back to factory specs, so I don't think they worry too much who their sourcing parts to.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 05:36:51 PM by Jon Ross »

paul bell

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 12:43:33 PM »

I've had nothing but great experiences with QSC and their repair department.

The power supplies on the 6.0/6.0II/9.0 is a very special design with four levels of voltage rails. There's only one way to setup the power supply and that's with the special one-of-a-kind power supply alignment rig that only QSC has.

If you had an authorized repair shop do the servicing and the power supply would need repair, they would have no choice but to send it to QSC for the repair.

No one, not even you, can do the work. Period.

QSC can still perform these repairs. I recently had them replace both supplies in one of my 9.0 units.

QSC has a trade-in rebate program for these amplifiers. You purchase a new PL380 and send QSC your dead 6.0/6.0II/9.0 amp along with the receipt for the PL380 and they send you a check for $800.00.

The PL380 weighs a lot less, has more power and has a proven track record.

http://www.qscaudio.com/rebate/PL6-9_rebate.htm

paul bell

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 12:47:52 PM »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 12:47:52 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 24 queries.