ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: apb dynasonics prorack vs midas venice f vs allen and heath r16  (Read 24016 times)

Jamie Holdren

apb dynasonics prorack vs midas venice f vs allen and heath r16
« on: February 08, 2013, 04:02:30 PM »

Hello, this is my first post so hope i dont screw up! lol  I thought that i wanted the allen and heath r16 but then i found the midas venice f and the apb prorack. Now i think i have decided on the prorack and a alesis hd24rx with Jim Williams mods. Was hoping that i could get some opinions from people with a lot more knowledge than i have. Thanks in advance, Jamie Holdren

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: apb dynasonics prorack vs midas venice f vs allen and heath r16
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »

Hello, this is my first post so hope i dont screw up! lol  I thought that i wanted the allen and heath r16 but then i found the midas venice f and the apb prorack. Now i think i have decided on the prorack and a alesis hd24rx with Jim Williams mods. Was hoping that i could get some opinions from people with a lot more knowledge than i have. Thanks in advance, Jamie Holdren

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 04:48:11 PM »

The APB and Midas will get a lot of votes. I would go with the APB over the Midas Venice series. If you have that kind of spending cash the APB will be great!
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 05:49:29 PM »

What do you plan to use the mixer for, recording or live sound? The R16 is designed for recording, the other 2 for live sound.

john sanders

• Eastern Long Island, N.Y.
    • Sonimax Light & Sound
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »

My vote is for the APB Dynasonics. Love it's features. Love it's audio quality. Love it's support.

paul bell

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »

APB gets my nod.

Sam Feine

• Personal Website
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 07:24:09 PM »

I own the venice f but and it is a great mixer, but for shear sound quality alone the apb is the way to go
Electro-Acoustic Engineer at Community Professional Loudspeakers

John Penkala

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 08:26:10 PM »

I own the APB ProRack and a Midas Venice F32. Midas Venice F's can be found absurdly cheap on eBay right now. I got mine for $2200 new in the box, delivered. The F24's and F16's are even less. You could probably get an F24 and a new laptop for the cost of the APB/Alesis combo. I do prefer the sound of the APB but if you are doing any live recording, I would go with the Venice F.

JP

John Chiara

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 08:46:17 PM »

I own the APB ProRack and a Midas Venice F32. Midas Venice F's can be found absurdly cheap on eBay right now. I got mine for $2200 new in the box, delivered. The F24's and F16's are even less. You could probably get an F24 and a new laptop for the cost of the APB/Alesis combo. I do prefer the sound of the APB but if you are doing any live recording, I would go with the Venice F.

JP

I would agree the FW interface eliminates a whole bunch of cabling and the associated risk of failure over an analog hookup. My Mackie Onyx/X32 FW to MacBook w/ Reaper takes about a minute to get ready to record and works flawlessly.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 08:51:16 PM »

I own a Prorack and although biased I can't think of another analog small format mixer that's even in the same league as the APB. Variable low pass on every channel (20), incredible channel strip EQ, pad on every channel, and on and on. Great feature set and very flexible routing options. I bought mine from Pro Sound Service in Braintree, MA. Nobody could touch their pricing. Ask for Charlie Tappa, the owner, and he'll work you a deal.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 08:51:16 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.