ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac 250 and Mac 300- some questions..  (Read 5434 times)

Justin Staszewski

Mac 250 and Mac 300- some questions..
« on: February 06, 2013, 02:08:52 am »

Just picked up a couple Mac250's and Mac300's.  One has the display facing right side up while it's standing on the floor and the other 3 are inverted.  How do I switch this? The manual says nothing about it.  Also, three of the fixtures home normally, with the head aiming straight up and down (while standing right side up on their bases) and one homes to a 90 degree angle and seems to "bottom out" when run in test mode.  Is there an adjustment for this?  Again, the manual says nothing about it.  I tried adjusting it in the calibration menu on the fixture but it wont adjust enough for it to home in the same position as the other ones.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Jano Svitok

• SR Forums
  • Bratislava, Slovakia
    • zvukari.sk
Re: Mac 250 and Mac 300- some questions..
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 02:25:39 am »

From the manual:

PATI, the pan and tilt invert menu, allows you to swap the pan and tilt channels (SWAP→ON), invert
pan movement (PINV→ON), and invert tilt movement (TINV→ON). These options can be useful in
12 MAC 250 Krypton/Entour
situations where you want some fixtures to mirror the performance of others with the same DMX address,
or when fixtures are not oriented as programmed.

Also, there might be manual settings for PAN/TILT, so that the lamp starts in a different position.

To flip the display for easier reading, press [up] and [down] simultaneously. (p. 12)

Finally, you may try resetting to factory settings:

DEFAULT SETTINGS
The fixture can be reset to its factory default settings by selecting DFSE→FACT→LOAD

Disclaimer: This is read from the manual, no practical experience.

Justin Staszewski

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 03:26:03 am »

From the manual:

Also, there might be manual settings for PAN/TILT, so that the lamp starts in a different position.

Finally, you may try resetting to factory settings:

Disclaimer: This is read from the manual, no practical experience.

Good call on the display invert.  Worked like a charm.  I dug through the manual online like a machine and somehow missed it.  I did several factory resets to no avail.  I tried manually adjusting the fixture and when you can't get to DMX value 255 on tilt without the fixture reaching its physical tilt limit (at about 190 it "bottoms out") and with the fixture rolled the other direction at DMX value 1 on tilt, the fixture head is still not going all the way down.  It almost like someone put a new drive belt on and did not adjust it correctly.  How difficult are the belts to adjust/replace?  I got these things for DIRT CHEAP from a friend and trusted peer in the business, and know he wouldn't sell me something broken but I'd still like to avoid any ridiculously high repair costs if I can and not have to hassle him with this.

Thanks,
Justin

James Feenstra

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:15:18 pm »

sounds like a bad sensor to me...

having fixed about two billion of the m250/300 series, they're pretty easy to get around inside

tilt sensor is in one of the arms of the light and takes a skilled service person maybe 20-30 mins to replace.
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:15:18 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.