ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I need small powerfull side fills  (Read 11674 times)

Wes Rager

I need small powerfull side fills
« on: January 31, 2013, 03:30:06 PM »

...for recorded music.  I have a GX5 for power.  Will cross at 80.  My short list is:
JBL AC18
QSC S82H
RH CFX81
EAW JF8
Any thoughts on these or are they too close to comment?  Thanks!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: I need small powerfull side fills
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 03:35:23 PM »

...for recorded music.  I have a GX5 for power.  Will cross at 80.  My short list is:
JBL AC18
QSC S82H
RH CFX81
EAW JF8
Any thoughts on these or are they too close to comment?  Thanks!

DJ monitors?  Sounds like that's your use.  Knowing the application is kind of necessary for getting meaningful responses.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Wes Rager

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 05:57:56 PM »

Yes, sorry.  DJ use for about 50 people.  Thx!

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 07:25:14 PM »

Yes, sorry.  DJ use for about 50 people.  Thx!
SO to expand on Dicks comments-you STILL have not provided any useful information.

We know it is for a DJ-We know for how many people.  So here come more questions that have to be SPECIFICALLY answered-if you want to get any useful answers.

You said side fills-does that mean DJ monitors? or sidefills for the main PA?

If the later-what is the area to be covered-it can't be that large for 50 people-so what is the actual coverage area-maybe 10' deep and 80' wide?  We have NO idea based on your response.

What is the type of music?  DJ could be anything from Frank Sinatra for 70yr olds to hard techno for 18yr olds.  HUGE difference and needs.

Is  money an issue?

How do you plan on mounting them-stand-hanging etc? or are they going to be sitting on something?

You may know exactly what you want/need-but WE don't have a clue about what you are really trying to do.

Are you open to other suggestions? or must people choose between your choices-based on ?????

It is kinda like asking "what is the best car"  FIRST you have to determine what you want in a car-speed-comfort-number of passengers and so forth.  Without that-the answers don't mean a thing.

Sorry to be blunt-but that is the way it is.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 07:35:58 PM »

SO to expand on Dicks comments-you STILL have not provided any useful information.

We know it is for a DJ-We know for how many people.  So here come more questions that have to be SPECIFICALLY answered-if you want to get any useful answers.

You said side fills-does that mean DJ monitors? or sidefills for the main PA?

If the later-what is the area to be covered-it can't be that large for 50 people-so what is the actual coverage area-maybe 10' deep and 80' wide?  We have NO idea based on your response.

What is the type of music?  DJ could be anything from Frank Sinatra for 70yr olds to hard techno for 18yr olds.  HUGE difference and needs.

Is  money an issue?

How do you plan on mounting them-stand-hanging etc? or are they going to be sitting on something?

You may know exactly what you want/need-but WE don't have a clue about what you are really trying to do.

Are you open to other suggestions? or must people choose between your choices-based on ?????

It is kinda like asking "what is the best car"  FIRST you have to determine what you want in a car-speed-comfort-number of passengers and so forth.  Without that-the answers don't mean a thing.

Sorry to be blunt-but that is the way it is.

And what's the main system?  What processing do you have available?  What's your favorite color?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 08:04:36 PM »

And what's the main system?  What processing do you have available?  What's your favorite color?
WOW-I meant to ask that-but I forgot -got a brain fart-thanks for adding.  That would be a VERY important question to be answered.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 08:17:10 PM »

WOW-I meant to ask that-but I forgot -got a brain fart-thanks for adding.  That would be a VERY important question to be answered.

Color you red.......

Wes Rager

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 08:48:16 PM »

OK, I knew you guys were good...time to come clean.  I have a home theater that is 20 x 30.  I can't get any good answers/insights from the typical HT sites and I use exclusively pro gear (except for a reciever), so I come here.  I'm looking for surrounds that can keep up with my fronts and subs.  My LCR's are three JBL 4622's (upgraded with 2450-SL CD's) that are actively bi-amped with three crown DSi-1000's.  These have pre-sets for my 4622's (this is until I can afford som SH50's)!  For subs I have 1-DTS-10 (14-50hz), 1-5749= 2 X 2242 (30-200), 1 -2245, and 1-AE TD18H (25-125).  For sub mgmnt I use a QSC DSP-30.  The subs are powered by a QSC 4050HD and a Crown XLS5000.

I am so close to reaching nervana, I just need better surrounds.  Music is 50% of my listening.  Would you foregive my transgressions and provide advice?  I have limited space, so that's how I arrived at my list- 11 x 16 (H) x 12  Thanks!

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 10:26:19 PM »

OK, I knew you guys were good...time to come clean.  I have a home theater that is 20 x 30.  I can't get any good answers/insights from the typical HT sites and I use exclusively pro gear (except for a reciever), so I come here.  I'm looking for surrounds that can keep up with my fronts and subs.  My LCR's are three JBL 4622's (upgraded with 2450-SL CD's) that are actively bi-amped with three crown DSi-1000's.  These have pre-sets for my 4622's (this is until I can afford som SH50's)!  For subs I have 1-DTS-10 (14-50hz), 1-5749= 2 X 2242 (30-200), 1 -2245, and 1-AE TD18H (25-125).  For sub mgmnt I use a QSC DSP-30.  The subs are powered by a QSC 4050HD and a Crown XLS5000.

I am so close to reaching nervana, I just need better surrounds.  Music is 50% of my listening.  Would you foregive my transgressions and provide advice?  I have limited space, so that's how I arrived at my list- 11 x 16 (H) x 12  Thanks!

Danley SH mini's are really good, but may not have enough Oomph for you. The JTR triple 8 is also a great box that is smallish, but has some pretty good output.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 10:29:02 PM »

Danley SH mini's are really good, but may not have enough Oomph for you. The JTR triple 8 is also a great box that is smallish, but has some pretty good output.

You'll also find that we are pretty cool with HT people as long as you keep it real. We don't go for any audiofile BS here. If you ask us what is the best speaker cable for your situation, we are gonna say 12 gauge copper. You can get it at Home Depot like the rest of us!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 10:29:02 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.