ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can speed of preset button action be adjusted on Sony EVID100 camera?  (Read 4386 times)

Harlan Garbe

We have just set up a Sony EV ID100 remote controlled (pan, tilt, zoom) camera for recording services and it works
well with one concern. When you have your (6 available) pre-set locations programmed in and select one, the speed
at which it goes to the new location is extremely fast and some people have complained it almost gives them "whiplash"
when seeing the movement. In other words if you have a shot at the lectern and select the shot at the pulpit, the camera
swings over and zooms up so quickly and abruptly that it is sort of a "shock" when viewing.

We aren't using any external controlling methods which may offer options.... I'm not familiar with this and won't be spending the money or have the staff to understand using it anyway.

Just wondering if there could be any way to "adjust" this feature to a bit slower speed. We also have had an older EVID30
Sony and it does not move at the same high rate of speed so seems more "normal".

Thanks for any help.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Can speed of preset button action be adjusted on Sony EVID100 camera?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:53:17 AM »

We have just set up a Sony EV ID100 remote controlled (pan, tilt, zoom) camera for recording services and it works
well with one concern. When you have your (6 available) pre-set locations programmed in and select one, the speed
at which it goes to the new location is extremely fast and some people have complained it almost gives them "whiplash"
when seeing the movement. In other words if you have a shot at the lectern and select the shot at the pulpit, the camera
swings over and zooms up so quickly and abruptly that it is sort of a "shock" when viewing.

We aren't using any external controlling methods which may offer options.... I'm not familiar with this and won't be spending the money or have the staff to understand using it anyway.

Just wondering if there could be any way to "adjust" this feature to a bit slower speed. We also have had an older EVID30
Sony and it does not move at the same high rate of speed so seems more "normal".

Thanks for any help.

Go here:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-EVID100/

Download the manual and read it.

Edit:

"RS-232C Serial Control by VISCATM
software
All camera settings and pan/tilt/zoom functions can be controlled
remotely via PC.
EVI-D30/D31 Emulation Mode
The EVI-D100/D100P features an EVI-D30/D31 emulation mode
that allows users to control their cameras using the same
commands as those used for the EVI-D30/D31 cameras.*"

From the PDF.  The pan settings should be adjustable incrementally.  The max speed is quoted, but that's about it.  Looks like you'll do it in the computer.  The manual indicates 18 increments in pan speed.  How you select them I cannot say as I do not have the software available.

Click around and you should see the options.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:24:04 PM by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Harlan Garbe

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:39:29 PM »

Thanks very much ...the owners manual in the box contained more limited info and nothing about this. Upon viewing the "technical manual" online, it shows there is a switch on the bottom to set it to "emulate" the EVID30 so when I get back to the job site (30 miles) I will try that. Supposedly I can continue to use the "Remote Commander" and have the behavior of the other version.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 01:42:15 PM »

Thanks very much ...the owners manual in the box contained more limited info and nothing about this. Upon viewing the "technical manual" online, it shows there is a switch on the bottom to set it to "emulate" the EVID30 so when I get back to the job site (30 miles) I will try that. Supposedly I can continue to use the "Remote Commander" and have the behavior of the other version.

Yes, it does have the "emulate" option, but it is followed by a bit of a disclaimer.  I forget right now what it said, but full emulation is a guess.

Best of luck.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 01:42:15 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 24 queries.