ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Deciphering projector stats  (Read 10023 times)

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: Deciphering projector stats
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 02:32:56 PM »

So, that's two recommendations (with qualifications) for the high-contrast screens. I have never really looked at these. Since the main issue I've seen in high-ambient light conditions is the contrast (blacks), this might be well worth it. I'll have to look around and see if I can rent one in the area for one run, just to try it out before I buy.
Stewart Filmscreen used to have a demo at trade shows with a small 'room' with one half of the screen a standard matte finish and the other a high contrast surface of slightly lower gain.  The high contrast screen had not only lower black levels but colors against a dark background appeared brighter.  The downside was that white was not as white, so not necessarily as beneficial for viewing Word documents or Excel spreadsheets.

Gerry Seymour

• My Professional Website
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 03:02:55 PM »

Stewart Filmscreen used to have a demo at trade shows with a small 'room' with one half of the screen a standard matte finish and the other a high contrast surface of slightly lower gain.  The high contrast screen had not only lower black levels but colors against a dark background appeared brighter.  The downside was that white was not as white, so not necessarily as beneficial for viewing Word documents or Excel spreadsheets.

Not as beneficial, bt was it detrimental? Was the overall readability about the same as the standard, or was readability higher on the standard side?
Gerry Seymour

Professional Trainer and Speaker
(with lighting/audio experience)

anything that moves will eventually die

anything that doesn't move is probably already dead - James Feenstra

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 03:02:55 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.