ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Powered mixer  (Read 5634 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Powered mixer
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 03:15:44 PM »

I did plenty of playing gigs back in the early 80s with an XR600B head and a pair of SP2s, usually sitting on bar tables.

I watched the head fall off a pickup truck and hit the pavement. Of course it worked. 

That combination of classic Peavey products kept bar bands working for many years.

Right after I got back from Vietnam I bought a Peavey PA w/ head and 2ea. 4x12" columns. I played every dive and juke joint in the FL pan handle, MS and AL with that rig and the only problem I ever had with it was the night some lampie decided he could plug 120v into the output jack to make the stage lights flash. Great stuff those old Peavey (and new Peavey) combo PAs.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 04:27:41 PM »

We still use a Peavey PA-200 head in our rehearsal room for keyboards... works fine.

Tom Burgess

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 11:05:16 AM »

Unfortunately Soundcraft stopped making the Gigrac series but there are still dealers out there with new stock.  We probably sold through a couple dozen of them without a single failure.  Great little piece of gear if you can find it.
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 11:05:16 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.