ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: How can this even bother me?  (Read 18423 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: How can this even bother me?
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 07:16:10 PM »

None of us can predict the future (as much as I try). 

JR

My old analog crystal ball worked much better... the digital-smidgital crystal ball is crap, even with the outdoor antenna...  ::) ::)

I'm willing to give Uli the opportunity to do better, but that creates no obligation to ignore history.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Loren Aguey

• New York City
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 07:54:39 PM »

Do not mistake an aggressive PR campaign for "a company who cares". Uli is still playing damage control for the years of bad mouthing his brand has taken. Behringer is trying VERY hard to convince us that they have changed their ways by going above and beyond trying to fix issues like yours. Whether or not they keep this attitude up after they have taken the majority of the market is yet to be seen and will not be seen for at least another two or three years.

Given their history, they certainly deserve skepticism. But that was my experience and my impression after said experience. It wasn't the aggressive PR campaign that showed up at my club to fix the issue I had, it was customer service. Like none I've experienced before. So I'm not mistaking anything there.

Sure its possible they might let up after a while but speculating on that one way or the other is a waste of time if you ask me.

Regardless, my original point remains. Whether the OP acknowledges it or not, the X32 is a great product at a great price. I really don't see how anyone could be surprised that there's a lot of talk about it.

Loren Aguey

• New York City
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 08:05:41 PM »

The new guys are entitled to their opinions based on their recent anecdotal experiences. This may seem as valid to them as our decades of experience seems to us.

I grow weary of lecturing history to students that don't care a lick, so why should I?

I'm not sure if this is at least partially in response to the experience I shared or not, but to be clear: At no point was I ever trying to down play or ignore a history of poor products and borderline and/or blatant copyright infringement. I've had a few negative experiences with their gear myself in the past.

I was merely speaking of my current positive experience with a product, and the manufacturer, and acknowledging the possibility that they might have legitimately changed for the better. 

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2013, 12:16:32 AM »

Loren,
Unlike other people I don't have crystal balls, mine are brass. My take on the service you've received is simplistic. One product, one small group of people whose primary job is to insure the product launch is a success. Rest assured that fly guy's cost plenty of cash regardless of the product, and this practice won't become the norm. The leopards spots haven't changed. It's the Earl Shieb paint job that makes them harder to see.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 12:56:17 AM »

Once again it comes down to simple math...

The field failure rate was never as bad as the hyperbolic haters claim, or they couldn't afford to buy premium brands on the cheap,

At the same time, if every product hiccup gets a new replacement swap-out hand delivered, they couldn't afford to buy premium brands on the cheap.

DO THE MATH...

JR

Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Loren Aguey

• New York City
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2013, 01:36:15 AM »

Loren,
Unlike other people I don't have crystal balls, mine are brass. My take on the service you've received is simplistic. One product, one small group of people whose primary job is to insure the product launch is a success. Rest assured that fly guy's cost plenty of cash regardless of the product, and this practice won't become the norm. The leopards spots haven't changed. It's the Earl Shieb paint job that makes them harder to see.

Right...I'm not gonna sit here and be the Behringer defender. I happen to really like the X32, and the service I received. That's about as far as I'll go.

For the record, the rep lives across the water in New Jersey so it wasn't a fly out deal. And if I happened to be in oh...I dunno...the middle of South Dakota, I don't imagine I would have gotten the ol' stop by. But I think I still would have received good service given my conversation with him. If I gave the impression that that the personal visit was gonna be the case for everyone then that was my mistake. I live in NYC, so I guess my chances are better of something like that happening than in other areas.

At any rate, speculate all you want about the intentions of people I ASSume you've never met. I acknowledge the possibility that you may be correct, but I refuse to make blanket statements stating my opinion as fact, regarding the future business practices of any company.

Nick Simon

• Dark Side of the Moon, MS
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2013, 09:39:21 AM »

I'm not sure if this is at least partially in response to the experience I shared or not, but to be clear: At no point was I ever trying to down play or ignore a history of poor products and borderline and/or blatant copyright infringement. I've had a few negative experiences with their gear myself in the past.

I was merely speaking of my current positive experience with a product, and the manufacturer, and acknowledging the possibility that they might have legitimately changed for the better.

same here... if I could have had a new LS-9 32 for 3K, I'd have it....  but I really didn't have a choice, so I'll just try to mix on this thing as long as it holds up...

Patrick Tracy

• SR Forums
  • Boulder, CO, USA
    • Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »

Wow. The time, talent and energy that went into this thread is enough to have put on some pretty impressive concerts. It makes me want to close my browser and make some music.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2013, 03:03:39 PM »

Wow. The time, talent and energy that went into this thread is enough to have put on some pretty impressive concerts. It makes me want to close my browser and make some music.

We don't make the music, we make it louder and share the love with the audience.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Patrick Tracy

• SR Forums
  • Boulder, CO, USA
    • Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »

We don't make the music, we make it louder and share the love with the audience.

Semantics. We add value. It's a collaborative process that utterly depends on sound engineering.

Dang it, what am I doing back here!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.