ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: So Now Presonus Has Chosen To Take Their Product Bashing To Facebook?  (Read 26014 times)

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Re: So Now Presonus Has Chosen To Take Their Product Bashing To Facebook?
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 02:09:06 PM »

"After review, the ruling of the marketplace stands."

I am not really interested in who wins the race to the bottom.

With that said, I am still more likely to buy the presonus just due to familiarity with the feature set which is more than adequate for my needs. Of course it has taken about 5 years for me to get to that point.

No one has ever accused me of being an early adapter.
Jay Barracato

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
Re: So Now Presonus Has Chosen To Take Their Product Bashing To Facebook?
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 02:45:56 PM »

For my needs, Presonus hit the mark with price, size, features, but most especially the single layer interface that was a good stepping stone from analog to digital.
For example, the 01v2 was more than I wanted to spend, and would seem to have a steeper learning curve.

I do think Presonus crossed the line of good taste with their rebuttals to the x32.
Presonus will have to come out with more than just software updates (though the SMART add-ons are nice), but firewire is all but dead, making scenes while having to be connected to the mixer, and of course, the motorized fader (though it is far less important without all the layers).   

James A. Griffin

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 02:57:30 PM »

Old news....  but it's interesting to watch them dig a deeper hole.

For them to respond should be expected, but this and the youtube video suggests several things -

First, they're scared.  They should be.  Presonus is a fairly small operation to begin with and they're certainly small fry compared to Music Group/Behringer.  The first shipment of X32 probably eclipses total StudioLive sales.

When we did our X32 - LS9 - 24.4.2 shootout last August, Behringer was quick to get on board and provided two units for the event before they were available in stores.    Two reps flew in, one from LA and one from NY.       

Presonus was slow to reply but eventually agreed to make the 2.5 hour drive from Baton Rouge to come.  They pulled out at the last minute.    At the time, I thought their non-participation was curious.  In hindsight, perhaps it was indicative of them knowing how the market was about to play out.

I've always been happy with every piece of Presonus gear I've owned and am still using several of their preamps.    I loved the SL as well, untill the X32 was proven to be superior in every respect at a lower cost.

PS:   And yes, XiControl 2.0.1 is absolutely fabulous.  I'm not aware of any iPad app that provides as much access to the mixer.   
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:00:42 PM by James A. Griffin »
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 03:14:33 PM »

Who the heck uses F***book anyhow?

Who doesn't?!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »

Who doesn't?!

Me.  I'm not comfortable with any "service" which, when you use it, takes your participation and further markets it as an "asset".

I also do not text or drink Coke.

Pass the Pepsi, please.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »

Really? Seriously? Bashing via youtube just wasn't working good enough? Wonder what this co$t them? Hope it's worth it to both their pocketbook & reputation....

http://twomixers.presonus.com/

There was no page comparing reliability.  hmmmmmm.  Wonder why.
How many people do you know that have experienced a Presonus SL failure?
I know quite a few.

Other than the Mackie TT24, the SL has the worst failure rate of any mixer I've run into.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 03:32:28 PM »

"After review, the ruling of the marketplace stands."

Really?  Then you must be a Berhringer fan from way back!  They have always done so well in the marketplace their products must be the best! ::)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 03:34:04 PM »

Really?  Then you must be a Berhringer fan from way back!  They have always done so well in the marketplace their products must be the best! ::)

Dear Chuck...

I am not the marketplace.

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 03:38:55 PM »

Me.  I'm not comfortable with any "service" which, when you use it, takes your participation and further markets it as an "asset".

I also do not text or drink Coke.

Pass the Pepsi, please.

PSW posts are less private than Facebook.  Your membership here is marketed to advertisers.   

On texting, I held off for a L-O-N-G time, but when I realized how much work I was missing because of it, I caved.

Oh...Coke.  No Pepsi. can't handle that stuff. 
Dt. Dr. Pepper smokes them both though!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 04:00:06 PM »

PSW posts are less private than Facebook.  Your membership here is marketed to advertisers.   

Has there been an IPO on PSW that I missed?  Did the Forum owners drop a load on Wall St suckers for a billion or so and then run off to somewhere without an extradition agreement with the good ol' US of A?

My opinions on here may be worth something or not, but my personal information is as safe as I choose to make it.  Not so much for the poor schlubs on F***book.  As my computer tech says, "Dude!  You're pants down in the middle of the street!"

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 04:00:06 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.