ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: So Now Presonus Has Chosen To Take Their Product Bashing To Facebook?  (Read 26007 times)

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
Re: So Now Presonus Has Chosen To Take Their Product Bashing To Facebook?
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 05:21:17 PM »

. and this leads me to believe that Presonus will have to substantially up their game or lower their prices to keep unit sales in the future.

This may sound funny, but they could give me a SL free of charge, and I would refuse it - the last thing I need is another piece of gear that will be antiquated in a few months, collecting dust.

Then... the Dump General will charge me $10 to "recycle" it.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 05:25:32 PM »

This may sound funny, but they could give me a SL free of charge, and I would refuse it - the last thing I need is another piece of gear that will be antiquated in a few months, collecting dust.

Then... the Dump General will charge me $10 to "recycle" it.

I believe they have some Teflon-like coating which repels dust......
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

GregBass

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 08:32:51 AM »

My issue with the SL mixers, besides the lack of moving faders, is the lack of a service network.  No matter where you are in the US, the unit has to be sent to Baton Rouge, LA.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 10:55:25 AM »

My issue with the SL mixers, besides the lack of moving faders, is the lack of a service network.  No matter where you are in the US, the unit has to be sent to Baton Rouge, LA.

Son of a gun we'll have big fun on the bayou....

Think of it this way - your mixer could have a fun Mardi Gras and come home and tell you about it.  But it won't say what it had to do for the really cool beads... ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 12:24:39 PM »

It is not unusual for a small company to bring all their product back to home base for service, so cut them some slack on that. 

It is not unusual for a small company to have trouble competing on price, that's life in the marketplace.

They need to adapt to the new competitive environment or suffer the consequences. It will not be easy.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 12:55:50 PM »

It is not unusual for a small company to bring all their product back to home base for service, so cut them some slack on that. 

It is not unusual for a small company to have trouble competing on price, that's life in the marketplace.

They need to adapt to the new competitive environment or suffer the consequences. It will not be easy.

JR

Agreed on all points, but if you're a smaller company you need to position yourself as a leader in an area where the compatition shows weakness. One easy way to do that is with quality, something Presonus lacks IMO, or with outstamding service, another something Presonus lacks IMO.

The wars will be hard fought so we'll see what happens.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 01:17:06 PM »

Agreed on all points, but if you're a smaller company you need to position yourself as a leader in an area where the compatition shows weakness. One easy way to do that is with quality, something Presonus lacks IMO, or with outstamding service, another something Presonus lacks IMO.

I wonder how much experience you have had with Personus.   I've have only been using their products for about seven months, but so far their quality and service have been excellent.  My SL has been totally reliable and a pleasure to use, and they have a very good forum where you get almost instant response from their technical people if you have a question or problem.  I come late into the world of digital mixing, having mixed on analog boards for 30 years and my only previous  digital experience has been with an LS9, which I really don't care for.  The SL seems to take a lot of heat for not being what some people expect it to be, but for many of us it is just what we need.  I really don't care about their marketing, business wars, or any of that B.S. I just want a quick, easy and efficent way to make my clients sound good.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:21:59 PM by Chuck Simon »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 01:18:25 PM »

Really? Seriously? Bashing via youtube just wasn't working good enough? Wonder what this co$t them? Hope it's worth it to both their pocketbook & reputation....

http://twomixers.presonus.com/

Who the heck uses F***book anyhow?

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 01:31:10 PM »

As I mentioned they need to find a niche they can dominate, or find another occupation.

While I haven't followed them very closely, it appears from a distance that they made a calculation that they could hit an attractive price point by forgoing motorized faders. This strategy appears to have worked for a while, but has been upturned by a new low cost entrant with that sorely lacking feature.

Since their price advantage has eroded they must now compete on features/performance and that will be difficult lacking the sexy go-to feature. This in not a new conflict in designing automation interfaces where WYSIWYG has always been the gold standard customers gravitate toward. Getting that capability in a budget offering is a game changer.

Interesting times, but those guys should not be surprised, just like Uli shouldn't be surprised by other major players going after the new sweet spot he has pioneered. Studying the history of how Uli made his bones in the mixer business is setting up for a little irony, should his cash cow get attacked from below, but I don't expect that for a while. He did leave room for attack from above, hoping to get that himself (with Midas).  Interesting times to be a spectator. 

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 01:53:06 PM »

Interesting times to be a spectator. 

JR

"After review, the ruling of the marketplace stands."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 01:53:06 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.