ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homemade testers and other soldering projects  (Read 3629 times)

Randy Culpepper

Homemade testers and other soldering projects
« on: January 21, 2013, 11:07:25 PM »

What have you made? I'm interested in anything you may have soldered together yourself.
I've made my own Clear Com call light from a diagram I found online.
I'd love to be able to make a phantom power tester/noise generator.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Homemade testers and other soldering projects
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 07:44:04 AM »

What have you made? I'm interested in anything you may have soldered together yourself.
I've made my own Clear Com call light from a diagram I found online.
I'd love to be able to make a phantom power tester/noise generator.
I used to build all my own gear-mixing consoles-amplifiers-crossovers and so forth-but those can ge quite involved.

A quick dirty hand tester is a cable tester that uses series LED's with the wires.  real simple and quick and cheap.  It won't tell you if the cable is open or shorted-but will tell you if it is good or bad and is grat for findng intermittants.

A phantom power tester is real easy-just use 2 LOW CURRENT led's and series resistors from pins 2 and 3 to ground.

Now part of the problem is that phantom power is not always 48V (sometimes 24V or less)-so that needs to be taken into account for the resistor calculation.

Noise generators are easy-just Google noise generator and you will find all kinds of circuits.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Zachary Zimmerman

• Shenandoah, VA USA
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 11:13:14 PM »

I used to build all my own gear-mixing consoles-amplifiers-crossovers and so forth-but those can ge quite involved.

A quick dirty hand tester is a cable tester that uses series LED's with the wires.  real simple and quick and cheap.  It won't tell you if the cable is open or shorted-but will tell you if it is good or bad and is grat for findng intermittants.

A phantom power tester is real easy-just use 2 LOW CURRENT led's and series resistors from pins 2 and 3 to ground.

Now part of the problem is that phantom power is not always 48V (sometimes 24V or less)-so that needs to be taken into account for the resistor calculation.

Noise generators are easy-just Google noise generator and you will find all kinds of circuits.

Found this on a search
http://blog.hardcore.lt/mic/archives/010942.html
Hey Y'all watch this

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 11:13:14 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.