ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Program For Scanning Sheet Music Into Tablet....  (Read 11843 times)

Lance Richens

Program For Scanning Sheet Music Into Tablet....
« on: January 20, 2013, 06:45:50 PM »

I understand it's possible to scan all your sheet music, then load it into a tablet for use on stage. Does anyone know of specific software for this?
Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart.....

Paul Dershem

• San Diego, CA
Re: Program For Scanning Sheet Music Into Tablet....
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 07:06:33 PM »

Are you attempting to obtain something other than the kind of image file you'd obtain when scanning a document?
Live without pretending
Love without depending
Listen without defending
Speak without offending.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 07:09:52 PM »

I understand it's possible to scan all your sheet music, then load it into a tablet for use on stage. Does anyone know of specific software for this?

What function do you need the software program to perform?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Lance Richens

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 10:34:15 PM »

What function do you need the software program to perform?

I guess a lot of the worship groups out there are scanning their sheet music, then using an ipad, or other reader on their music stand. After some research, I have found some prducts out there....

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 04:02:12 AM »

I guess a lot of the worship groups out there are scanning their sheet music, then using an ipad, or other reader on their music stand. After some research, I have found some products out there....

If you have access to a scanner, you probably have access to a copier.  Why not just make paper copies?  Personally, I'd rather read a full-size 8.5 x 11 copy than a smaller iPad image.

I thought perhaps you were looking for some program or app which would "scroll" the music for you on a pad.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 05:11:09 AM »

I guess a lot of the worship groups out there are scanning their sheet music, then using an ipad, or other reader on their music stand. After some research, I have found some prducts out there....
Just make sure that you are properly addressing procuring rights or permission to copy any copyrighted sheet music.  Not only is scanning creating a copy but I would guess that any copy of the resulting file is also considered a copy.

Alex Friedman

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 11:23:55 AM »

I use my iPad for reading sheet music all the time. My favorite app is forScore http://forscoreapp.com. I use my regular scanner and my Mac to scan the music and then Dropbox to get it onto my iPad. One tip, crop all the margins out of the music while you're scanning. It's much easier than cropping in forscore and makes the music as large as possible.

Lance Richens

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »

If you have access to a scanner, you probably have access to a copier.  Why not just make paper copies?  Personally, I'd rather read a full-size 8.5 x 11 copy than a smaller iPad image.

I thought perhaps you were looking for some program or app which would "scroll" the music for you on a pad.

This is what we do currently. We have folders full of paper that we'd like to streamline WAY down....

Eric Eskam

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »

Scanning is such a pain.  And besides problems with accuracy, often you still will be missing useful metadata than if you just re-import the songs you really need.

Since this is the HOW forum - if you have a SongSelect subscription, importing from SongSelect is drop dead simple.  I have imported from SongSelect into an iPad app - OnSong - and it was pretty simple.  One of the really nice things about it is for chord sheets you can change the key on the fly and it up dates the sheets (hence my earlier comment about metadata).  You can also push the songs or set list out from the leaders iPad's to everyone else's and then have all the iPads in sync - it supports foot peddles and other stuff too.  It's a pretty capable app - we don't have enough iPads to really use it.  I picked it up when it was on sale for a buck or two just to evaluate it - but I have to say I'm pretty impressed and I could see us moving to something like it in the future.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:00:33 PM by Eric Eskam »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.