Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > HistoryOfConcertSound.org

What was the first live digital console?

<< < (5/5)

kristianjohnsen:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on January 27, 2013, 07:01:36 PM ---I doubt there was a digital Harrison that far back. Harrison was building a digitally controlled analog console, it might have been called the Harrison Live. They built the ShowCo ShowConsole, which was also digitally controlled analog.

Mac

--- End quote ---

Is it just me or does the ShowCo ShowConsole surface look a lot like the CS1D?

Art Welter:

--- Quote from: kristianjohnsen on January 28, 2013, 06:31:36 PM ---Is it just me or does the ShowCo ShowConsole surface look a lot like the CS1D?

--- End quote ---
The format for almost all large consoles followed the analog equivalent for a while regardless of what was "under the hood".
The CS1D was a departure from the PM 2000 (and Midas desks of the era) right hand sub master layout to the more ergonomic, generally preferred center master section.
Yamaha was quite interested in the USA market, and followed many leads, bringing to large scale production what was only a cottage industry here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version