ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: adaptors from sennheiser mics to shure packs....  (Read 14109 times)

RaySoly

• Retired IATSE 56 MONTREAL
adaptors from sennheiser mics to shure packs....
« on: January 11, 2013, 02:50:29 PM »

I am trying to rent a wireless kit including both sennheiser's HSP4 mics and shure UR4D wireless systems, but I am told there are no adaptors to bridge the 2 ?? is this right?? ideally I would have used all sennheisers but the shop does not have any in the H4 band I need for this tour......hence the shures ...any suggestions or ideas??

Thanks

Ray

Patrick Moore

adaptors from sennheiser mics to shure packs....
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »

Dave Rat makes adapters that let's you run Audix capsules on Shure transmitters but I've never heard of anything that marries Sennheisser to Shure.

Scott Helmke

Re: adaptors from sennheiser mics to shure packs....
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:47:50 PM »

It's usually possible to make a bodypack adapter; I built one so we could use our Masque lav test box with Sennheiser Evo lavs and headsets.  But I doubt anybody builds one as a regular product.

And if you're touring I kind of doubt you want an adapter in there along with the already abused lav mic wiring.  Maybe you could get them to reterminate the mics for Shure since it is a tour (ie longer term) rental.

Ryan Jodrell

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 10:57:39 PM »

Dave Rat makes adapters that let's you run Audix capsules on Shure transmitters but I've never heard of anything that marries Sennheisser to Shure.

Funny, Dave just blogged today from New Zealand and put up a picture of a Sennheiser capsule on a UR2 Shure transmitter... We have the technology

Christian Tepfer

• Klanggestaltung Blog (German)
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 07:18:58 AM »

Funny, Dave just blogged today from New Zealand and put up a picture of a Sennheiser capsule on a UR2 Shure transmitter... We have the technology
Nice news.

The op is looking for a cable adaptor for Shure beltpacks to accept Sennheiser headsets. I too doubt that there is a industry made product, either the rental shop or the op must build their own.
Christian Tepfer
christian at amanya dot de

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 01:09:33 PM »

Nice news.

The op is looking for a cable adaptor for Shure beltpacks to accept Sennheiser headsets. I too doubt that there is a industry made product, either the rental shop or the op must build their own.

I have used Microdot to T4A barrels to use DPA mics with Shure packs, but I don't know for sure that they are universal, although there isn't much room inside for anything. They are on the DPA website.

Getting the headsets with the right connector on them is the best solution as Microdot connectors have a bad habit of getting loose and causing bad noises.

Mac

RaySoly

• Retired IATSE 56 MONTREAL
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »

I have used Microdot to T4A barrels to use DPA mics with Shure packs, but I don't know for sure that they are universal, although there isn't much room inside for anything. They are on the DPA website.

Getting the headsets with the right connector on them is the best solution as Microdot connectors have a bad habit of getting loose and causing bad noises.

Mac

thanks Mac, yes I can get microdot to TA4 or microdot to lemo but not lemo to TA4......and of course buying the headsets with the proper connectors would be ideal, but we own the mics not the wireless systems, as each area we tour to deals with different RF allocation.....so in this case all the theatres we are visiting have shure kits w/TA4F connectors .....

Ray

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 02:26:31 PM »

thanks Mac, yes I can get microdot to TA4 or microdot to lemo but not lemo to TA4......and of course buying the headsets with the proper connectors would be ideal, but we own the mics not the wireless systems, as each area we tour to deals with different RF allocation.....so in this case all the theatres we are visiting have shure kits w/TA4F connectors .....

Ray

Change the connectors on the mics. I would say change to microdot so you can get the adapters you want, but I think microdot blows. If you are mostly using T4A just put the connectors on the mics.

Mac

Scott Helmke

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 03:40:07 PM »

If you are mostly using T4A just put the connectors on the mics.

If you own the mics it seems like a no-brainer.  The TA4F connector is cheap and doesn't require any special tools.  It'll cost you more to have them changed back to Sennheiser Lemo, though.

Steve Milner

• DcSoundOp Audio Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 03:57:10 PM »

EIDT: And... I'm an Idiot... these are obviously for the Handhelds... not anything to do with the OP's question. I'll leave it up here just for reference, but apologies for the off-topic reply.

This was posted just this past Saturday by Dave Rat... looks like just the ticket.

http://daverat.blogspot.com/2013/01/dave-rat-blog-new-year-and-down-under.html

You'll want to go to his sound-tools website to see if they are shipping yet, but he seems to have them out on the road already.

http://soundtools.com/sen2shure.html

Have Fun
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:02:57 PM by Steve Milner »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 03:57:10 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.