ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2 vs. Behringer X32  (Read 17502 times)

Douglas R. Allen

Re: PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2 vs. Behringer X32
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 04:50:53 pm »

I didn't see the video for channels 25-32 on the studiolive. I can't seem to find the digital snake video as well. Different link?

Douglas R. Allen

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 07:32:52 pm »

You know this "us vs. them" mentality is silly and unprofessional.  I happen to like the Personus because it does all that I need and is very quick and easy to use in a live situation.  I think the Behringer is a much better choice for those that need the extra functionallity that it offers.  Both are useful tools and I'm glad we have the choice.

Rob Dellwood

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 08:05:33 pm »

You know this "us vs. them" mentality is silly and unprofessional.  I happen to like the Personus because it does all that I need and is very quick and easy to use in a live situation.  I think the Behringer is a much better choice for those that need the extra functionallity that it offers.  Both are useful tools and I'm glad we have the choice.

That's all well and good, but the thread was in response to Presonus putting out what many people believe to be deceptive videos on YouTube, trying to make the X32 look bad in comparison.  The X32 owners were not amused and simply pointed out what they did. 

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 08:18:22 pm »

That's all well and good, but the thread was in response to Presonus putting out what many people believe to be deceptive videos on YouTube, trying to make the X32 look bad in comparison.  The X32 owners were not amused and simply pointed out what they did.

I believe the "sour grapes" videos referenced are in turn a response to Behringer releasing this:

http://www.lifepr.de/inaktiv/mm-music-group/Rick-Naqvi-Chooses-BEHRINGER/boxid/351258

The implication here being that a Presonus higher-up was somehow preferring the X32 to their own product.  Presonus issued a pamphlet in response saying that, yes, Mr. Naqvi did indeed purchase an X32 which was then taken back to Presonus headquarters for testing and evaluation.

I believe it is common practice for manufacturers to possess products from the competition.  It has been said that Behringer in the past was more known for buying competitors products, reverse engineering them and then marketing the clones.  The current incarnation of the company appears to have risen  above that.

I don't judge either of the outfits.  I just wanted to present the "other side".  I don't care who started the fight or who called who what name.  But there are always at least two sides to every story.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 11:31:57 pm »

Amazing how many fanboys one decent and well supported (to this point) product can create. Almost like watching a bus load of lemmings take a tour of the grand canyon.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 03:22:41 am »

Amazing how many fanboys one decent and well supported (to this point) product can create. Almost like watching a bus load of lemmings take a tour of the grand canyon.

Don't mistake my ability to discern features and practicality for endorsement.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 08:26:04 am »

I didn't see the video for channels 25-32 on the studiolive. I can't seem to find the digital snake video as well. Different link?
I believe they're with the one covering scene recall.

Along with the seemingly intentional misoperation of the channel selct buttons I found it interesting that the video did not mention the fact that the difference in the operation of the trim just may be related to the X32 setting being recallable while those of the StudioLive are not.

I don't have a dog in the fight but these videos plus the copy of "A Tale of Two Mixers" from Presonus that I saw do seem to suggest that Presonus may be focusing on the 'low hanging fruit' that will take what is presented at face value.  Its a shame to see them apparently resort to that approach.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 10:23:15 am »

Once again I don't miss being in those trenches...  :-(

pox on both their houses.

They're just mixers neither of which are supreme examples of the SOTA. Both are values in different ways with different compromises.

The consumer energy behind conflicts like this is just human nature's desire to justify purchase decisions already made to not look stupid, while this does kind of look stupid and pits peers against each other. Maybe it's the global warming that makes everybody a little crazy.

JR
When in doubt do what's right.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 10:29:24 am »

Maybe it's the global warming that makes everybody a little crazy.

JR

Global warming causes heated argument?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 11:20:26 am »

Global warming causes heated argument?

Argument shift is a natural cycle, there is no evidence to prove argument warming.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 11:20:26 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.