ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2 vs. Behringer X32  (Read 17501 times)

Brian Charbobs

PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2 vs. Behringer X32
« on: January 10, 2013, 11:58:19 am »

Here are some videos you might like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebbHExYWjHQ
Friends don't let friends use Behringer

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
Re: PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2 vs. Behringer X32
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 03:09:52 pm »

Note that these vids are produced by Presonus.
(No dog in this fight as I own both an X32 and an SL24.4.2)
M
(or is that two dogs?)

Rob Dellwood

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 03:22:28 pm »

M
(or is that two dogs?)

As someone who owns an X32 and also mixes regularly on the SL boards, I can tell you that these videos are deceptive.  The tech in the videos is clearly not very familiar with the X32, and in the series, he often uses the 'long way around' to make it seem worse when demonstrating on the X32.  Not cool. 

Jason Vanick

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 03:23:25 pm »

M
(or is that two dogs?)

Presonus's lack of flying faders did it for me... when you're mixing remote and going back and forth between a ipad and the console, not having flying faders makes life REALLY bad, really quick.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 05:24:57 pm »

Produced by someone with a dog in the fight... so I hope you don't expect us to view this as objective.

As much as I didn't like the StudioLive and as much as I still have problems with Behringer's abuse of intellectual property and turning out some really shitty gear (and some okay gear, too), Presonus got their ass handed to them with the X32.  There is an order of magnitude difference between them and no amount of spin in a youtube video will change that.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:28:13 pm by Tim McCulloch »
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Brian Charbobs

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 06:16:08 pm »

Produced by someone with a dog in the fight... so I hope you don't expect us to view this as objective.

As much as I didn't like the StudioLive and as much as I still have problems with Behringer's abuse of intellectual property and turning out some really shitty gear (and some okay gear, too), Presonus got their ass handed to them with the X32.  There is an order of magnitude difference between them and no amount of spin in a youtube video will change that.

I just ran across the videos and wanted to share them with people that use this equipment. Nothing more nothing less.
Friends don't let friends use Behringer

Dave Bigelow

• Louisville, KY when I am actually home...
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 06:43:39 pm »

I seriously doubt anybody forgets to hit "select" that many times, especially one that works for a larger company.

Funny to watch though.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 06:49:28 pm »

Produced by someone with a dog in the fight...
Presonus got their ass handed to them with the X32.  There is an order of magnitude difference between them and no amount of spin in a youtube video will change that.

Agreed. With all the time the X32 was "coming soon" I'd imagined they'd be trying to put something out to shame it. With better brand reputation, the right product should have crushed the X32. I assume they've got something coming, but its a bit late.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 10:21:02 pm »

Agreed. With all the time the X32 was "coming soon" I'd imagined they'd be trying to put something out to shame it. With better brand reputation, the right product should have crushed the X32. I assume they've got something coming, but its a bit late.

I agree.

Presonus has pretty much done nothing with their formula since its introduction.  They have made different versions (one smaller, one larger), but the devices all share the same architecture.  No improvements to the architecture.

You can only sit on your laurels for so long before another company comes along and eats your lunch ;)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 11:55:48 pm »

I seriously doubt anybody forgets to hit "select" that many times, especially one that works for a larger company.

Funny to watch though.

Haha not to mention that you have to hit select for every other channel control except gain on the Presonus! But when it comes to gain... select blows this guys mind.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 11:55:48 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.