ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small line arrays  (Read 52977 times)

Spenser Hamilton

Re: Small line arrays
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2013, 06:07:50 PM »

Yea - I started that thread hoping it would help me and others.  Got one pissy comment so...... I won't use PSW and will just Google the subject.

The regulars probably don't appreciate a conversation being blown out of proportion to the point that it now spans four threads, I'm sure the Mods won't be to happy either.

No reason to walk away from the forum, just work on your forum decorum a little bit perhaps. I'm a young guy and following the discussion through four threads is a touch tiresome, I'd imagine some of older, and grumpier (with all due respect of course ;)), guys are down right annoyed.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Sean Thomas

« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »

The regulars probably don't appreciate a conversation being blown out of proportion to the point that it now spans four threads, I'm sure the Mods won't be to happy either.

No reason to walk away from the forum, just work on your forum decorum a little bit perhaps. I'm a young guy and following the discussion through four threads is a touch tiresome, I'd imagine some of older, and grumpier (with all due respect of course ;)), guys are down right annoyed.

Yes - certainly seems that way.  Trying to keep on topic by dividing threads was not a good choice.  Thanks for the clarity.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2013, 06:32:06 PM »

Yea - I started that thread hoping it would help me and others.  Got one pissy comment so...... I won't use PSW and will just Google the subject.

You can opinion shop all you want, it won't change the laws of physics... which is what my comments are based on.  This is science, not a petty 3rd grade popularity contest.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Peter Morris

« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2013, 06:42:59 PM »

Am I right that the top of the array in your calculation is 12.5m high?  I'm unlikely to ever have almost 40' of trim height available for the types of gigs I do.  Usually I have 16' (5m) or a bit less, which unfortunately makes the graphs look a little less pretty.

No ... its at 5m high  ;D see the picture of the array on the right.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2013, 06:50:37 PM »

A lot of the problem (with any type of system) is that people simp,ly don't have a basic understanding on what is REALLY better (or worse) about a particular type product-so they don't realize which models actually work and those that don't.

And then they "try" to use a different configuration (a line array not tall enough-or overlapping patterns) and somehow "expect" to get the right result.  Somehow they "think" the laws of physics don't apply to them.

The more one understands about how a system works (or doesn't) and the compromises between them-the easier it is going to be choose the correct product.

For me-personally-I am old school and prefer to have amp racks.  Amps fail a lot more often than loudspeakers and a failed cabinet up in the air (in the middle of an array) is dead for the rest of the night.  While with a amp rack you can patch around the amp the and cabinet comes back.

This is ESPECIALLY important in installs-in which the cabinets almost never come down and be repaired the next day.

But that may just be my opinion.

A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2013, 06:50:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.