ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Small line arrays  (Read 52605 times)

Jim Turner

• Calgary, Alberta... Canada eh!
Re: Small line arrays
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 11:31:53 AM »

Yeah, but it comes with Brock Adamson...

+1
smile & wave...

Christian Tepfer

• Klanggestaltung Blog (German)
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 12:17:55 PM »

my customer said 2 things, no jbl and no ev, he likes D&B butthe rigging onthe Q he said he did not like, ive never played with Q, what about D$B T, has anyone heard that system? ...
I like the T sonically, fairly easy rigging when you have motors, flexible tops (arc mode for standalone setup, you can remove the acoustic lens).

Don't expect too much of the system below 12 tops and 2 lows flown per side (this probably goes for every small line array system).

In Germany it would be a no-brainer to buy T, as cross rental is quite easy with that system all over the country.
Christian Tepfer
christian at amanya dot de

Mike Sweel

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 12:35:51 PM »

Yeah, but it comes with Brock Adamson...

What you mean with that?

Chris Lynch

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 01:58:18 PM »

I used the Alcons LR14 recently and was really impressed by the performance for its size.

Adam Robinson

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 05:43:25 PM »

I think that you should attempt to revisit the 4886.  It truly is a great box for its size and is a full 3-way cabinet. As for the others, I've got a bunch of experience on them, so here are my 2¢.

The dispersion variability of the Outline box is very cool.  This box also sounds good, but something about the top end just didn't jive with my tastes

I've come across the Alcons box a couple times and was also impressed with the output for its size. 

I haven't used KIVA, but I've used KARA a bunch and really enjoy that box, although I find that it really doesn't stand out in the world until you hit 8+ boxes.

I also recommend the D&B T-series.  It's full of the usual D&B goodness.  Q really isn't in the size range that the rest of the boxes are in, although it's a nice box.  It has since been "replaced" by the V, which is basically a Q-sized J and is quite impressive.  It also sports newer rigging similar to J which I have a lot of experience with and can attest to it being quick and simple.

Hey I have a customer who really wanted me to research into the best small scale line arrays, so this is where I research...here is some suggestions he gave me

Meyer Mina
Outline Mini Compass
Alcons LR14
Renkus Heinz IC2
Lacoustics Kiva

So he wants it to be the best sounding, easiest to rig, scales up to do Rock Shows ( I don't mean outdoor concerts, but like a corporate ballroom that holds 1500 and maybe doing someone like Chicago ) if I'm leaving a product off let me know, my initial thought was MINA, but as I make calls I'm hearing other brands...
Thanks in advance, Randy

Randy Frierson

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 05:59:45 PM »

Thanks for all of the input, if there was a VTX version of the smaller 4886 he might consider it but I think he wants something a bit difference, Outline is sending us a 4 box Mini Compass Rig and 4 and a 4 box Eidos 265 Rig with the companion subs, the Mini compass with all it can do is my top box and after I hear it I will know, to hard to get demo's of the other systems, I'll let you know what he decides...
I think that you should attempt to revisit the 4886.  It truly is a great box for its size and is a full 3-way cabinet. As for the others, I've got a bunch of experience on them, so here are my 2¢.

The dispersion variability of the Outline box is very cool.  This box also sounds good, but something about the top end just didn't jive with my tastes

I've come across the Alcons box a couple times and was also impressed with the output for its size. 

I haven't used KIVA, but I've used KARA a bunch and really enjoy that box, although I find that it really doesn't stand out in the world until you hit 8+ boxes.

I also recommend the D&B T-series.  It's full of the usual D&B goodness.  Q really isn't in the size range that the rest of the boxes are in, although it's a nice box.  It has since been "replaced" by the V, which is basically a Q-sized J and is quite impressive.  It also sports newer rigging similar to J which I have a lot of experience with and can attest to it being quick and simple.

Keith Erickson

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 07:05:46 PM »

Thanks for all of the input, if there was a VTX version of the smaller 4886 he might consider it but I think he wants something a bit difference, Outline is sending us a 4 box Mini Compass Rig and 4 and a 4 box Eidos 265 Rig with the companion subs, the Mini compass with all it can do is my top box and after I hear it I will know, to hard to get demo's of the other systems, I'll let you know what he decides...

Big trade show coming up....you guys may want to hold on a few weeks and see what appears....

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 07:22:29 PM »

Big trade show coming up....you guys may want to hold on a few weeks and see what appears....

VUE Audiotechnik are close to releasing the mini line array, and a processor amp.   It's a passive box, and if it's similar to the rest of the line the performance to price ratio should be favorable. 

A hint of it can be found on VUE's Facebook page in one of the graphics.

No, I don't work for VUE Audiotechnik ;-)

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 10:47:34 PM »

I haven't seen much love for the Renkus IC2 so I will just mention that every time I have heard them they have been nothing short of amazing.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 11:00:46 PM »

I haven't seen much love for the Renkus IC2 so I will just mention that every time I have heard them they have been nothing short of amazing.

They are nice, they are not as small as speakers like Kiva or d&b T series, and they are also not cheap at $12,000 a box.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 11:00:46 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 24 queries.