ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: acoustically transparent cloth?  (Read 11434 times)

Anna Gold

Re: acoustically transparent cloth?
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 12:36:42 AM »

There is one room in my home and I want to use  curtains for controlling the sound but I do not know exactly which cloth stuff should I use for this purpose ?

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 06:48:12 PM »

There is one room in my home and I want to use  curtains for controlling the sound but I do not know exactly which cloth stuff should I use for this purpose ?

I am confused, by you signature “Sound Control Services” It seem like you have something to do with the kind of company that should be able to answer your question. Why are you asking us in an old thread that was about the opposite of what you want to do? You seem to be saying you want absorption not acoustically transparent.

Please enlighten us.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 09:58:01 PM by Kevin Maxwell »

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 08:19:59 AM »

I have to echo Kevin's comments, are you looking for acoustically 'transparent' fabric such as one might use to cover DIY acoustical panels or for drapery type material that could provide absorption on its own or even for something like a loaded limp mass material that would provide some sound isolation?

Curtis H List (Too Tall)

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 09:29:47 PM »

I've got a show coming in a month or so and they are requesting that the stage monitors be covered in a white acoustically transparent cloth. What should I tell them to buy?

I'll probably have them build sort of a slip cover to put over the speakers, based on the outside measurements. I'm not paying for it, so money is no object, as they say. What's the best stuff out there?

For years I have used "Single Knit" fabric.
It stretches in only one direction which I found to be enough to get a tight, wrinkle free install.
It isn't perfectly transparent, but it works well enough to my ears.
When the customer asks if it is "Perfectly Transparent" say "Yes" with conviction.
 :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 09:29:47 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.