ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick StudioLive 16.4.2 question  (Read 2031 times)

Doug Johnson

• Rhoadesville, VA
Quick StudioLive 16.4.2 question
« on: January 09, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »

I'm think of using one of these mixers with a power sequencer and need to know if when the unit is on and the AC power is removed (i.e. unplugged), when the power is turned back on does the unit come back on or do you have to actually cycle the power switch to get the unit to turn on?
Thanks,
Doug

Rick Powell

Re: Quick StudioLive 16.4.2 question
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 04:29:49 PM »

I'm think of using one of these mixers with a power sequencer and need to know if when the unit is on and the AC power is removed (i.e. unplugged), when the power is turned back on does the unit come back on or do you have to actually cycle the power switch to get the unit to turn on?
Thanks,
Doug

When AC switch is engaged on the SL, power comes on when it sees it at the plug. (assuming no blown fuse)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 04:32:36 PM »

Thanks,
Doug

The only possible drawback I can see is whether or not there's any sharp transient spike from the power sequencer.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Doug Johnson

• Rhoadesville, VA
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 06:35:33 PM »

Thanks.  Transient spikes shouldn't be a problem with the circuit I use which was designed for digital equipment.  I have been using it for years and the only problem I have ever had is with Soundcraft Si compacts which need the power button to be cycled after the power is shut off (hence my preemptive question not asked to the manufacturer's phone rep who may just say yesit will come on, even if it is not true).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 06:35:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.