ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EV DH-7 magnet question  (Read 8233 times)

Steve Pleasant

Re: EV DH-7 magnet question
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 07:00:45 PM »

I have a set of EV QRX 212's that I got from a seller. I opened them up and it turns out the boxes have two different HF driver magnets. Both use DH-7 diaphrams but one uses an EV magnet that the QRX boxes comes with
http://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=391

One looks like that, EV OEM magnet
the other has a magnet a whole 2 inches more in size , also older magnet and thicker. Yet it has a DH-7 diaphragm mounted to it on the QRX 212 horn.

My question is what magnet is this? and what are the possible outcomes of using this much heavier and larger magnet on my QRX 212 HF driver. will it sound different or be mis matched? Wouldn't I want an exact HF driver magnet match for them all to same the same? Or is this just fine and I won't notice?

Evan Hunter

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »

This probably isnt of much help, All 6 of my EV QRX Boxes (2-qrx 115s and 4 qrx 153s) have the smaller horn pictured. The 115s are a lot older than my 153s too. They have all been bullet proof and never had an issue with any of them, Id bet that this is a replacement that someone else put in in a pinch and never got around to fixing properly because it "got the job done".
Evan F. Hunter
Cleveland Ohio, Houston Texas
EFHunter4419 (at) G Mail. Com
https://www.facebook.com/FosterSound
EV QRX, JBL SRX, Turbosound Milan, Soundcraft Expression, Soundcraft Vi1

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.